Search Unity

Analytics Dashboard: Total Sessions and Playtime Calculations Rules?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by youbacca, Feb 7, 2017.

1. youbacca

youbacca

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I could not find any documentation on the exact conditions that delineate a "session" start and end, that go into the automatic calculation of Total Sessions, Playtime, etc, per below.

upload_2017-2-7_15-29-30.png

I'm mostly interested in the "end" delineation of a session, (what triggers it), as I assume the "start" simply comes from loading the game.

Also - I assume the playtime is exactly calculated from the session (end-start) metrics, but if that is not the case, I'd love to know how that is calculated as well. I'd also like to know what affect, if any, putting a game into the background has on calculation of playtime (or session).

If these details are documented somewhere, please feel free to toss me a link. (I looked in the glossary and various parts of the forum, but could not find the info).

Thank you!

Uri

2. festival

festival

I track my own playtime. I get the start time when player stat the game and when game ends.

A custom Event is fired where I just sent a string like

">30sec"
    ">60sec"
    "<30sec"

depends of the time I calculated from level_end-level_start

Hope it helps.

3. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

If you put a game in the background for more than 30 minutes, when it comes back, it counts as a new session.