Search Unity

Feedback Analytics 4.0.1 Questions, Feedback

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by chanon81, Jun 8, 2022.

1. chanon81

chanon81

Hi! I just updated my game to Analytics 4.0.1 today from the Legacy Analytics.

It seems things are working correctly and I'm excited to see the results from pushing to production.

Here are my questions and feedback:

1. In the documentation it says gameRunning event will be triggered every minute, but right now it seems it is triggering every second? Is that normal?

2. I setup an "editor" environment to separate from the "production" environment. The events are populating to the editor environment correctly, except I had to re-create the custom events in the Event Manager for it. I think it would be convenient if all the environments shared the same custom events. (At least right now they share the same custom parameters.)

3. Funnels with custom events and parameters is the first thing I'm excited to use as it should be able to help me identify at which exact point users are dropping off in my game. One suggestion for the Funnel page is if there is a way to reorder funnel steps and maybe insert a new step at any point. Also creating a new Funnel report as a duplicate of another Funnel report would be very useful.

Thank you for your work on this!

SebT_Unity and clarec_unity like this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Great feedback! Thank you. Can you share how you are viewing gameRunning every second? I suspect you are seeing them on your dashboard, can you share a screenshot? One great way to see exactly what is sent is when is by using Charles Proxy. Your two feature requests are high on our priority list for upcoming releases, stay tuned!

chanon81 likes this.
  3. chanon81

chanon81

Actually upon taking the screenshot and having a closer look ... it is actually triggering every minute correctly. I just saw it wrong sorry :)

Great to hear that those features are coming!

MileyUnity likes this.
  4. omx-jonson

omx-jonson

chanon81 likes this.
  5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are working on this but may be a few months out.

6. clarec_unity

clarec_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey chanon81,

Thanks for your great feedback and i'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying the product!

1. Glad to see this is resolved, did you use the Event Browser to confirm the time in between the event firing?

2. We are aware of this pain point and working towards delivering a solution that makes moving events between environments much more efficient. Stay Tuned!

3. Great, looking forward to hear about your experience identifying and tackling drop-offs within your game. Thanks for the feature requests, we scoped these out of our initial release but are expecting to deliver them in the coming months!

Thanks,
    Clare

7. clarec_unity

clarec_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey Mike,

Thanks for sharing this feedback. How has your experience with the new Analytics product been so far?

Could you elaborate on the type of insights you're looking for with the use of the metrics?

Thanks,
    Clare

8. omx-jonson

omx-jonson

Hey Clare

It was very good and easy to implement.
    I'm kind of new to analytics, so I struggle a bit to create proper insights.

What I'm interested in is simple case:
    1. I'm recording with every levelComplete event, state of few parameters: totalDiamonds, totalUndos etc.
    2. I would like to create an insight to see what's the state of those parameteres per each levelComplete event.

I know it was easily achievable with old Analytics Funnel Metrics, however not really sure how to do it now.

Cheers
    Mike

9. Pierre-Unity

Pierre-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the details! We'd like to work on funnels metrics in the future. We'll also work on a similar feature to aggregate (average, median, max, min..) a parameter value in the data explorer. In the meantime, could you DM me your project ID please (you can find it in the url in the Unity dashboard)? I'll create a custom SQL Data Explorer query to visualize the avg or median diamonds and undos for each level.

Cheers,
    Pierre