Search Unity

Analize some analytics values

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by kjuanlu, Jan 19, 2016.

1. kjuanlu

kjuanlu

Hello all

We have some analytic data from our game in development. Our main custom event is gameOver, but it has several parameters, some of this parameters are repeated in string format, and integer format.

For example the number of the weapon used before dead. We noticed that is usefull for us to send in string format because the platform can "categorized" the data.

But what about the score points? we can't sent the score points as string data, so we can't view how many users get points between 0-100, 160000-165000, or a "Heatmap" of the points, or what is the 5 highest scores?

We thought that "segment builder" was our friend to get this kind of data, but we noticed that it register only unique users, if one user gets points between 0-100 in five games, the segment builder only show 1.

I think I can create some parameters to organize the score points into categorized parameters, for example 0-100points, 100-200points >10000points etc... but I think is better to create dynamically this categories by sending the score points as numbers.... How can I get this kind of information?

Regards

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @kjuanlu,

As of right now I do not believe that this is possible on the Analytics Dashboard alone. We are currently working on a Raw Data Export feature, which is still in Beta, that would give you the ability to import the data into another program so you can run your own queries over your data to find answers to exactly these kinds of questions! However, the Raw Data Export feature is only available to users who are using Heatmaps, which you can find a link with more information as well as how to sign up here, http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-analytics-heatmaps-official-thread.358312/

3. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hi @cheezorg!

You can indeed look at parameter values in the Data Explorer. In fact, we just did a big overhaul of that part of the dashboard to give you a lot more visibility into those values. @kjaunlu's request was rather more specific in that he wanted to use parameters in a way that we don't support...but naturally we wouldn't have you send the parameters if they weren't there to help you out! :)

4. cheezorg

cheezorg

Hey Marc - very sorry - but I deleted that post as soon as I realized that parameters had been added a few days prior to my post. I didn't expect anyone to respond as quickly as you did. (And I didn't want to waste anyone else's time on an irrelevant post).

The new dashboard is nice - but I'm still not seeing any way to see String values that were submitted as parameters. So either my implementation is wrong or strings just don't show in the dashboard. I only see numerical parameters in the dashboard.

5. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hey @cheezorg ... strings definitely work (as do numbers and booleans)! PM me your project ID and I can look to see if there's something amiss in your project.