Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

An Update on Substance Format Support in Unity

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by ans_unity, Dec 19, 2017.

1. jingge

jingge

Export Substance Materials In Unity AssetBundles Erorr!!

Unknown Assembly Substance.Game
    UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildAssetBundles(String, BuildAssetBundleOptions, BuildTarget)
    AssetBundleBrowser.AssetBundleDataSource.AssetDatabaseABDataSource:BuildAssetBundles(ABBuildInfo) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.assetbundlebrowser@1.7.0/Editor/AssetBundleDataSource/AssetDatabaseABDataSource.cs:87)
    AssetBundleBrowser.AssetBundleBuildTab:ExecuteBuild() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.assetbundlebrowser@1.7.0/Editor/AssetBundleBuildTab.cs:359)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions()

2. AcuityCraig

AcuityCraig

Hello,

I am trying to do a Unity Cloud Build to iOS on an AR Foundation project with Substance. Prior to the latest release (2.4.4 was what I had) I was able to get good iOS builds but now I get the following error:
    ❌; ld: bitcode bundle could not be generated because '/BUILD_PATH/<PROJECTPATH>/Libraries/Allegorithmic/Plugins/Substance/iOS/libSubstance.Engine.a(S00_EntryPoints.o)' was built without full bitcode. All object files and libraries for bitcode must be generated from Xcode Archive or Install build for architecture arm64
    286: ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    287: ▸ clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

If I remove substance I get:
    ❌; Undefined symbols for architecture arm64
    264: ❌; ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    265: ❌; clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    266: ▸ clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

if I build in XCode (with or without bitcode enabled) I get:
    Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:

"_cppCheckDimensions", referenced from:

_NativeFunctions_cppCheckDimensions_m23DCDF6EBB913EA779654085FCDEB3F2A684D9E4 in Substance.Platform.o

(maybe you meant: _NativeFunctions_cppCheckDimensions_m23DCDF6EBB913EA779654085FCDEB3F2A684D9E4)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

ANY help on this is much appreciated.

3. HaimBendanan

HaimBendanan

@AcuityCraig I have the same problem (when building locally on a mac). Did you found a solution?

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:

"_cppCheckDimensions", referenced from:

_NativeFunctions_cppCheckDimensions_m14247FD7FD30B3458B666334D27EB16749B6F7B2 in Substance.Platform.o

(maybe you meant: _NativeFunctions_cppCheckDimensions_m14247FD7FD30B3458B666334D27EB16749B6F7B2)

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

4. AcuityCraig

AcuityCraig

@HaimBendanan no I have not. I made the decision to wipe substance from the project, remove its scripting defined symbols from the build settings (player settings > Other settings) and move on to other things till I get some kind of an answer.

5. AleRegal90

AleRegal90

hopeful likes this.
  6. chenquanjun

chenquanjun

Same problem. Now i cannot build ios app....

7. ARQUEUE_DU

ARQUEUE_DU

I'm encountering the same issue. Failing in Xcode.

8. wesm

wesm

Allegorithmic Community Manager

Hello,

I'm very sorry for this late reply. I missed these notifications on this post. Totally my fault.
    We do have this issues resolved in our upcoming 2.5.1 update.

Cheers,
    Wes

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Marco-Sperling and mcbauer like this.
unityunity