I have a hunch that you might want to investigate. I haven't had this problem with Substance, but recently I needed to restore a Unity project from a backup on a Windows 10 NTFS disk. I keep my backups two different ways, and what I found is that Unity is incredibly finicky about case-sensitive filesystems in the Windows version. Thankfully, one of my two backup methods didn't have that issue. This may be relevant to you for one of three reasons: If your two devices have different filesystems (such as one NTFS and one FAT), whether both on the same o.s. or on different o.s., then this might be the problem you're seeing. If you're using a Mac, and you moved from one Mac with case-sensitive volumes to another with case-insensitive volumes (or vice-versa), you might see the same issue I did. If you used a case-sensitive archive tool to compress your data for transfer, you may have this problem. This is in fact what happened to me. Again, I had an alternate backup method that worked, so my data was safe. Again, I know this is a long shot, but since the Allegorithmic folks didn't have an initial diagnosis for you, and this sort of thing (but not with Substance) happened to me, I thought you might want to check into it. Apologies if this is a dead end for you.