Search Unity

Feature Request An update button in Unity Hub to easily update an editor version quickly

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by FortunateDanger, Aug 7, 2022.

1. FortunateDanger

FortunateDanger

An update button in Unity Hub to easily update an editor version quickly

Hey,

I am posting this thread because I think it would be handy to have an update button on the installs menu in Unity Hub or even have an Updates button on the side panel to list all of the updates that are available. I really hope this get implemented soon as it would be very helpful and save a lot of time! A notification in the operating of some sort as well would be nice - similarly to when Adobe creative cloud lets you know when there is an update for photoshop.

upload_2022-8-7_22-12-27.png

Update checker window to open when Unity Hub boots up (if an update is available)

Another great improvement would be to have the Update Checker window moved to the Unity Hub instead of popping up when opening a project. This is because, for people with slower computers, it can take some time for the editor to load a project and would therefore be nicer if updates were checked when you open the Unity Hub instead.

Very sorry for the lengthy thread but I really hope that these changes are made to make users lives a bit easier as I find that the current editor installation system is a little complicated (that might just be me haha).

Thomas-Bousquet likes this.