Search Unity

An Honest question about Player control mechanisms - -

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jbb1979, Aug 14, 2019.

1. jbb1979

jbb1979

I see so many drag and drop things in Unity But, no Player Movement components, not Standard ones - -

But, know that I think about it, maybe it's wise .. I want to make a game about a monk who sneaks into Hell, and now that I realize I can make any movement scheme, I Can program, Suddenly I realize I Can make the Spot- on perfect Controls, For my game - -

So, maybe it's Good it's done that way because, I don't want my character to have same controls like a Typical, normal game, I want the Controls to reflect what I want the players to experience And, Feel - - So, now that I've given it some thought and, Under-stand it, I am more Friendly, Agree to it <3 <3

I'm watching tutorials on youtube and, it's deeply fascinating, I want my player to be able to do several things and, I want them to be movement options, not button prompts .. Now that I realize I can program the controller any-way I want and, get the precise movements I want, I'm grateful - -

Thank you Unity, Keep rocking - -

I realize I have to create a fully custom enjoyable experience, for the player this way and, it's intimidating - - the Game gives me power, it doesn't take it away - -

My question is, can any-one help me find the best tutorial, one I can rely on, I don't want to make bad code if, It can Be avoided - - I've also decided to join Unity Learn Premium next month and, Learn from the Coders, That Work there - - Any help would be appreciated And, Thanks again - -$

I'm buying this controller next month, and will use it to build my game, I Look forward - ->>

logit78235235.jpg

Again, thank you for your help, You've been kind - -

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You've probably not yet seen the CharacterController then.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/CharacterController.html

The problem is there is a brand new input system. I haven't used it yet, but you should be learning that instead of the legacy input system. Any older tutorial will be showing the legacy input system. There is also the Rewired asset, which is pretty highly praised and popular for easy implementation of a variety of controllers.

Last I checked the XBox One controller is the most popular controller for PC users. I'd get one of those instead.

jbb1979 likes this.
  3. jbb1979

jbb1979

Thank you - --