Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

An error occurred while resolving packages

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by TomazTreven, Dec 9, 2019.

1. TomazTreven

TomazTreven

Hey,

We are having issues building our projects on Jenkins server. The issue seems to be that packages are not getting resolved. Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails.
    Example of such failure:
    But then again the same project in different workspace (with just different script define symbols (sometimes it fails in project with one set of defines and sometimes in another, so this probably isn't an issue)) 18 minutes later succeeds:
    It's interesting that this happens mostly for nightly jobs, when multiple different projects are building. If the issue is with high load/timeout/.. when npm is resolving packages, could there be more settings for controlling this, to retry package resolving, or could there be any other cause or possible workaround?
    We are running a lot of projects that could overlap, there is no virtualization involved.

Kind regards

AskCarol likes this.
  2. rscaldas

rscaldas

Hi. Did you manage to solve this? We are having the same issue - except it fails every time. Any workarounds?

We are having this problem since we added a package from a git repo (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm-git.html).

AskCarol likes this.
  3. AskCarol

AskCarol

Sorry you are both having this issue. Will circulate internally!
    Thanks for your patience.

4. roberto_sc

roberto_sc

At first I had a credentials problem that was fixed. But then the no subsystems found message kept appearing and it was making me believe I still had a problem with the package manager, while my project was broken for another reason. So I simply fixed that and everything is fine. The message was fooling me.

5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Improving network operations robustness is definitely on our roadmap.

Regards,

Pascal

6. KenDots

KenDots

Hello,

We are having this problem with builds randomly failing as well with Unity 2019.4.16f1 - any updates or solutions for this issue?

Thanks!

7. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @KenDots,

I'm sorry you're running into these instability issues. If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you open a Bug Report in which you attach the project manifest.json and packages-lock.json (both found under the Packages directory), as well as the Editor.log and upm.log files of one such failing build. It may also help to turn on very detailed logging if this is an automated build by passing
    -enablePackageManagerTraces
    to Unity (but be warned that this will result in very large upm.log file, not recommended for normal day-to-day usage). (Note: no need to provide a repro project; the files above should be sufficient, at least as a starting point.)