Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question An error occurred while resolving packages: One or more packages could not be added to

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by prajwalpatil, Mar 25, 2023.

1. prajwalpatil

prajwalpatil

Hi ,

Whenever i create the 3D project , i get the following error in the console.

An error occurred while resolving packages:
    One or more packages could not be added to the local file system:
    com.unity.ide.visualstudio: EPERM: operation not permitted, rename 'C:\Users\Prajwal\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\.tmp-23120-yKLpGrvodaAC\extract' -> 'C:\Users\Prajwal\AppData\Local\Unity\cache\packages\packages.unity.com\com.unity.ide.visualstudio@2.0.17'

A re-import of the project may be required to fix the issue or a manual modification of E:/games/Unity/Projects/My 3D Project/Packages/manifest.json file.

Can anyone please help me with this.

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @prajwalpatil

This sounds like something is locking the folder being renamed. This is typically one something like an overeager antivirus, but I've seen this happen with cloud tools like DropBox or OneDrive, and file monitors/scanners like Git's new file system monitor or Visual Studio Code.

Are you aware of any software that could be scanning new files immediately when they are created on disk and therefore preventing the folder to be renamed?

3. Vickey_Soni

Vickey_Soni

I have recently Updated my Github and GitLab. I tried turning of the realtime protection of windows. Yet, Not working. Giving the same error.