Search Unity

An asset is marked with HideFlags.DontSave but is included in the build

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SteveJ, Jul 6, 2018.

1. SteveJ

SteveJ

I can't build my project as I'm just getting errors in the log. This was working fine earlier, and the problem seems to be caused by the fact that I deleted a Scene (that was just for testing).

I've seen a couple of threads suggesting deleting Library, deleting Project Settings. Neither of those has solved the issue.

Any ideas?

2. Madgvox

Madgvox

NatCou likes this.
  3. Nick-Nexefy

Nick-Nexefy

If you're using Alembic in your project, we found scenes (and presumbly prefabs) where a nested mesh renderer underneath a gameobject with an Alembic Stream Player would stop the build from completing. Such behavior is intended. Alembic is marking all children as 'HideAndDontSave' because otherwise every time you change your alembic frame, you will get a scene bloat.
    The solution this problem is to parent the ABC and FBX to a common GameObject and make a Prefab out of that instead of adding the FBX Prefab to the ABC Prefab.

4. amit-chai

amit-chai

Copying scene files to a new scene solved it.

5. kadd11

kadd11

Just want to add in case it helps anyone else, I had a script that was mistakenly setting the hide flags on a shader that I was dynamically loading to DontSave. Unity somehow reserializes that and it was causing issues, despite nothing in the meta file or anywhere else indicating that it had changed.

6. OmarVector

OmarVector

In my case, I had a scriptable object that is for editor and I placed it incorrectly inside the resources folder, once I moved it out from resources folder, everything build fine

FlightOfOne and DgoodingIndi like this.
  7. Syr_2

Syr_2

Very helpful - I have the same issue with an alembic-file. But your solution didn't work yet for me.. Have to bruteforce it a bit

8. Syr_2

Syr_2

And btw. Make sure there is NOT A SINGLE old prefab file anywhere that coudl cause the bug again. If you dont find all prefab files, simply copy the "bugged" fbx file and delete it then. Move the copy back and remake all the prefab files. They kills all thx fbx's links to other prefab files and solves the problem.

9. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Leaving this for my future self, As said by Omar, I had a folder named resources (note that this is not THE Resources folder, some sub folder I created), after renaming it, everything worked fine.

10. unity_NTyxeB384OxNOQ

unity_NTyxeB384OxNOQ

Had the same issue with a random .png file. Deleted the meta file and build worked.

11. jotamaza

jotamaza

This worked for me.

12. kaan0550

kaan0550

Worked for me too!

13. halley

halley

There is a LIKE button on every post so you can express approval without churning up an old post.

14. sacb0y

sacb0y

FYI this can happen if you use the same image for a script icon as in the game.

If you want to use the same icon in-game as an icon for a component duplicate the image and put it in editor default resources or something.

Deleting the meta file or other solutions only work temporarily, probably until you compile a script.

dhanrajsinh24 likes this.