Search Unity

An assembly with the same simple name 'UnityEngine.Advertisements.Editor' has already been imported

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by andrenospam0, Jan 1, 2019.

1. andrenospam0

andrenospam0

On Unity 2018.3. Got this error after importing Monetization SDK 3.0. Ad services where on but I turned them off before importing. I reimported all assets but it got worst since many errors where reported with TMP examples. Deleted TMP examples folder in project but same errors. Deleted all tmp examples refs in Assembly-CSharp.csproj then got another error about loading this file (my text editor was closed). I restarted my computer and guess what? Everything now is fine!?!?!?!

Hope this will help someone.

Edit: jut saw this post from Unity reporting the same error but in my situation, I installed SDK 3.0 AFTER using 2018.3 for a few weeks.

Edit2: It came back 2 weeks later while working on a script in Visual Studio that has no relation with ads. In fact didn't touch the ad system for the hole time. It was working fine. Couldn't fix it. Had to restore a previous version.

Edit3: Happened AGAIN... on april 24th. upgrading from 2018.3.12f1 to 2019.1.0f2. Could not fix it so I'll say with 2018 version.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. ErudisGames

ErudisGames

I just imported Unity Monetization 3.0 and this error came out in Unity 2019.2.2f1

3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

These error indicate that multiple versions of the Ads SDK are installed.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...ge-package-manager-or-services-window.699005/

I have run into cases where disabling the Service doesn't seem to take affect until restarting the editor. But it does seem to register correctly after that.

I've not run into any issues (related to Ads) when upgrading from one Unity version to another. There are some complications when functionality is moved out of the engine and into a package, but over time those issues should go away.