Search Unity

An alternative to blender please?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by ChrisButler, Dec 7, 2018.

1. ChrisButler

ChrisButler

Looking for anything that is free, but is NOT blender. Thing crashes every time I start getting into a decent poly count trying to make objects. I'm tired of it. Been trying to use this for over 5 years. I'd use my fusion 360 but I can't get things out of that with its materials for use in anything.

2. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

It might be easier to solve your crashing issue than to find a viable alternative to Blender, especially for the price of free. How many polys is your "decent poly count" and what kind of system are you using?

3. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

If you want to look at other applications which work well with unity on a trial basis (or purchase them, or get student deal or something) then definitely check out 3DS Max and Maya. Both I found to be more intuitive than blender, but its really a matter of opinion and workflow.

On the flipside, I just adapted to blender after a while and now I'm probably more dangerous with it than either of those other applications :p - Perhaps try and figure out whats going wrong and solve that instead!

4. kdgalla

kdgalla

The only time that ever happens to me is when I tried sculpting in that mode where it dynamically adds more vertices as you sculpt. Is that what you are doing by any chance? Is that what you meant by "getting into a decent poly count"?

5. Amon

Amon

6. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

So, like did you find a good alternative, to blender yet?