Search Unity

Amplify Texture 2 - Development Showcase

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you all for your input, we're going to go over your feedback in the next couple of days.

2. PerunCreative

PerunCreative

@Zergling103 @Amplify_Ricardo

Hi,

I was able to improve issues with the fillrate problem. I have added _VTTexelMultiplier to the VTComputeVirtualMip method. Thanks to this it works similarly like Texture Quality in Quality settings. Multiplying it with value 2 the visual difference is not that big, but it gives minimum 25fps boost on 2k resolution. It is not perfect solution, but its better then nothing.

3. PerunCreative

PerunCreative

Hi,

I am struggling with AT + realtime GI. I don't know if this is a bug or if I am making something wrong, but the realtime GI albedo is not correct when using amplify shader. The problem is even worse when using Multi-Tile UV collections. Here is example of my issues. As you can see in the upper picture everything is ok, but the realtime albedo map is not when using AT. Any advice?

Bez názvu-1.png

4. PerunCreative

PerunCreative

I have probably solved the issue. The amplify shader is using Pass "LightMode"="Meta" with Unity built-in UnityStandardMeta.cginc. In this pass the shader is using the non-streamed texture, so the realtime albedo created by Enlighten is taken from the 64x64 preview texture, which is assigned to the material. After creating custom Meta.cginc with AT support the realtime GI works much better. There are still some small color differences, but I guess this is due to different compression technique used for textures with AT.

Výstřižek.PNG

5. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Our apologies for the late reply, we didn't receive a post notification for some reason.

This is a known issue and definitely something we intend to improve in future updates.

Thank you for understanding.

6. PerunCreative

PerunCreative

Any news on update? It has been more then 6 months since the last one

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

I'm afraid GI related issues is something we'll have to tackle at a later stage, currently working on some core aspects. (we're reworking a few things, it's a somewhat lengthy process)

Apologies for the inconvenience.

8. recon0303

recon0303

Looking forward to this, as a MODO user this looks great. please keep us updated when this releases. for PC. Thanks you

9. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thanks, looking forward to get it out there!

recon0303 likes this.
  10. paul_h

paul_h

Hi, I've just purchased Amplify Shader and was planning to have a look to Amplify Texture too.
    But I cannot find it on the asset store. Is it temporarily unavailable or I have done some mistake?
    thanks.

11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Thank you for your purchase, we really appreciate it.

Amplify Texture 2 is currently unavailable for public licensing.

12. paul_h

paul_h

Uh, ok. Perhaps a note in the webpage stating this could help us :)

13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Good point, we'll point it out.

Thanks!

14. c17vfx

c17vfx

Can I use udim with amplify shader? or do I have to buy it separately amplify texture?

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there!

UDIM support was a specific AT2 feature.

We've suspended AT2 public licensing so I'm afraid we're unable to currently assist you.

16. Wim-Wouters

Wim-Wouters

Ok so unity bought Graphine and at about the same time AT is no longer available for licensing. Any alternatives left?

17. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

To our knowledge, there's nothing as developed as AT2 or Graphine.