Search Unity

Amplify Impostors - Next Generation Billboards

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Jul 10, 2018.

1. bahiprakash1

bahiprakash1

Even after importing all URP packages the example barrel still not visible. Can anyone help?

Attached Files:

2. athert

athert

Heya. I know that this question was asked on January but i can see no more information about that. Is there any eta about support for HDRP 12?

ssellvf likes this.
  3. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

URP 12? It's not compatible yet.

Apologies, not yet.

4. gecko

gecko

Hi,
    I'd really like to use Amplify Imposters -- but we have a large game world with dynamic snow controlled by Enviro (and then rendered by Microsplat and Better Lit shaders). Is it possible to add dynamic snow to the imposters, so they match the LOD meshes?

thx
    Dave

5. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey, thanks for reaching out!
    Unfortunately Impostors are not ready for that kind of behavior, you'd need some kind of custom runtime shader solution that would apply a snow effect to the impostor itself.

gecko likes this.
  6. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

There is a way that involves two extra assets on top of imposters: you would need the vegetation engine and its imposters add on ( and amplify imposters )

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...tation-engine-amplify-impostors-module-189099

MagiJedi and Gekigengar like this.
  7. gecko

gecko

8. RAKXTECH

RAKXTECH

I would like to suggest adding default Bake Type and Texture Size to the preference settings.

Also I would like to know if there is a way to bake several prefabs at once? Already have LOD Groups set up and the amplify component added, but can't click the button to bake them when there is multiple selected. If there isn't a way I would recommend adding an option to do so, probably on the tools at the top of the window along with the manual and about options.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  9. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Noted, it's a feature that's been requested a couple of times, we definitely could use presets there.

Also planned, batch baking is on the roadmap but we've not been able to tackle it yet.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  10. astanid

astanid

I got strange results using this asset in URP project. Impostors are white... works great in build in rendererer, but i want urp project
    upload_2022-4-29_21-1-18.png

11. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

URP 12.x? It's not currently supported.
    Are you using a custom shader on the original model?

12. astanid

astanid

speedtree7 shader
    URP Version 10.8.1
    Unity 2020.3.28f1
    I really need this feature in my game.... would be a shame to convert all the project to Built-in
    What URP version is supported ?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  13. TheGamery

TheGamery

@Amplify_Support

Last update was November, any idea when we can expect the next?

14. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

The delay is mostly related to supporting HDRP/URP 12.x. No ETA for now, as soon as possible.

15. bjornsyse

bjornsyse

Hi there, what's the latest status on URP 12.x?

16. DragonmoN

DragonmoN

Look one Post before yours.... Srsly

17. Mohammadreza55555

Mohammadreza55555

I bought your package but sadly doesn't support HDRP 12.x. I know it's hard to upgrade shaders in hdrp, it's insane, but please update it as soon as you can. Thanks for your great tool :)

milox777 and athert like this.
  18. DarkGate

DarkGate

Also in the same boat as most people here. Bough it a while ago, wanting to use it for URP 12. Can you give us an idea of when you are planning to do this upgrade so that we can plan our project accordingly?

19. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Sorry folks, no ETA on HDRP/URP 12.x support. Please plan accordingly.

If you find that Amplify Impostors is not a good fit for your project, or time requirements, please reach out to support@amplify.pt with your invoice number.

20. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Default RP is still the safe choice, even in 2022 :)

21. HelixU4

HelixU4

Im having issues with importing Amplify Impostors to any of my projects.

At first it seemed like AI and MicroSplat did not work well together, every time MicroSplat was present in the project, Amplify Impostor would not import, and got stuck here:

And it will stay stuck here until Unity uses up all memory available on my PC (32GB). Then Unity crashes with Out of memory error.

I then did some trial and error and found out that if I removed the MicroSplat from the project everything imported fine, and then I could reimport MicroSplat without issues.

I had to remove MicroSplat from the project each time I opened the project, else it would just stuck and run out of memory.

Now I have another project, which also uses MicroSplat, and I wanted to use Impostors as well, and sure enough the same issue was there. I tried to remove MicroSplat like in my other project which was a whacky workaround, but in this project it does not help. With AI in my project, it refuses to open (runs out of memory) and refuses to import AI (runs out of memory). Clearly there are some conflict somewhere. Tested in 2 different projects. My PC was also reinstalled some time in between and same happens on a clean system.

Any help would be helpful :)

22. HelixU4

HelixU4

Update: Completely removing MicroSplat from the project solves it, after importing Impostors I can reimport MicroSplat without issues and they work together.
    Have to do this step every time I open the project

sirleto and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  23. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

Good to know as I have both too.

24. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Sounds like one of those Unity things but we do need additional details to be sure.

I'm guessing there's something throwing errors, you should check the console, which eventually crashes.

Can you confirm that this happens on an empty project with just Microsplat and Impostors? If so please describe your steps and report any errors/warning you see in your console.

25. Misscelan

Misscelan

Hey,

Is there an easy way to modify the hemioctahedron shader to be culled when looking from below (rather than displaying it incorrectly)?

Thanks!

26. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey!

No, the main purpose of that type is to not render from below; good for objects seen mostly from above. Use regular octa or spherical.

Misscelan likes this.
  27. zelmund

zelmund

hi there.
    getting error in clear project hdrp 2019.3.38f1 with only amplify inside:

Assets\AmplifyImpostors\Plugins\Scripts\BakeHDRPTool\BakeHDRPTool.cs(13,47): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'ShaderVariablesGlobal' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

how i can fix that?

solkyoshiro likes this.
  28. fertel

fertel

Same here

29. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

I assume still no updates about 2021 LTS HDRP and URP ?

Like any update would be cool like "Api changes were so deep we need more time to adjust", dunno something that would give hope :)

marcospgp and athert like this.
  30. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

31. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey!
    Something is definitely preventing it from running, what else is on your console?
    What HDRP version are you using?
    Can you replicate this on a new project?

This has been discussed in multiple places. Yes, it's because of SRP updates, a new shader template is required on our side.

32. Zyblade

Zyblade

In those urp examples, there is a "AmplifyImpostorsTemplateURP.shader" (I'm using urp 10.9.0)
    You forgot to add:
    #define _SPECULAR_SETUP 1

So the shader outcome will match the vanilla urp shader. I added it in line 92 right after:
    #pragma vertex vert
    #pragma fragment frag

Just if anyone is wondering, why his/her imposter doesn't look quite as shiny^^

Amplify_Support likes this.
  33. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll pass it on to the devs!

Zyblade likes this.
  34. RazNayr

RazNayr

Really neat asset, I can't wait to use it for my VR project.
    Unfortunately I am blocked as I am using URP 12.x right now. What's the latest status on this please?

marcospgp and DragonmoN like this.
  35. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Sorry, no update yet.

36. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Hello. I'm using this with Unity 2019 and when importing I get alot of errors starting with The type or namespace name: RangedFloatNode, PropertyNode, ParentNode, etc. They all come from the AmplifyImpostorNode.cs

37. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Is ASE listed here?

You might have to remove that, remove AI and reimport. Please make sure you're using the latest ASE an AI versions.

38. Cactus_on_Fire

Cactus_on_Fire

Thanks, I'll try that.

39. milox777

milox777

Is it ever gonna be updated, come on, 2021LTS has been out for a couple of months and the asset is unusable in URP 12. I'd love to switch to 2021LTS as it appears to be stable enough, but this asset is literally the only thing blocking me and there's no alternative for octahedral impostors in Unity.

40. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Apologies for the inconvenience, we still don't have an ETA for this.

41. xjjon

xjjon

Would imposters not be very useful for a game where the camera is like this? (top-down, orthographic) Objects are mostly the same distance from the camera and no rotation.

I understand the usage for distant objects from the video and samples but not if the distance is mostly fixed.

Thanks

42. silentslack

silentslack

Hi, I'm using Unity 2021 LTS and URP and doesn't seem to be working?

43. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

That depends, it might actually be useful because you don't need to bake a lot of different angles. However, you must examine case by case, I'm afraid it's not something we can advise you on based on the screenshot.

Let's say you have 50 of those bots hovering, might work well as an impostor and be very performant but it depends on the project. I have to say that yours already looks like it's very well balanced in terms of detail.

In any case, a refund is available if you find that it does not work well.

Hey! URP 12.x? I'm afraid not, pending an update. (no eta)

xjjon likes this.
  44. xjjon

xjjon

Thanks for the reply. We will probably try it out and see the results.

Would it be correct to say imposters at close range is mostly "noticeable" that it's an imposter if the lighting / shadow / camera-angle changes? In other words, if the camera-angle and lighting didn't move, even at close range it would be hard to tell if a prop is an imposter?

45. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Cool, let us know.

Yes, that is correct but can work quite well, it does depend on the asset. Also, Octahedron impostors breakdown at close distances, be sure to use Spherical impostors in that case. http://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Impostors/Manual

xjjon likes this.
  46. yixuanya_unity

yixuanya_unity

hi, do you know when you will support runtime baking imposters? Also in the editor mode, can we batch creating imposters (I have a scene that consists of multiple objects), thanks!

47. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Hey! Sorry, editor-baking only, no batch baking for now.

48. zackblack

zackblack

Still?? It's been EIGHT MONTHS since this was first mentioned, and almost a year since URP 12 was released. I feel like Amplify Imposters was a waste of money for us developers working in URP/HDRP.

marcospgp, solkyoshiro and athert like this.
  49. HerrRoman

HerrRoman

Hello,
    I don´t understand why did you leave this asset. It was mindblowing :(. We are creating open world with custom vehicles and Amplify Impostors worked perfectly.

If you abandon this asset, we have to make LODs for more than 30 vehicles... :(

Is it any chance to update Amplify Impostors to HDRP 13 anytime soon (this year?)
    Thank you for honest answer @Amplify_Support

solkyoshiro likes this.
  50. Amplify_Support

Amplify_Support

Like we said via email. Our apologies for the inconvenience, we understand your frustration, this last SRP update has thrown the proverbial wrench into our gears. We're still working out the Amplify Shader Editor SRP update(getting close), once we do that we can focus on other requirements; Amplify Creations is a very small team and we're extremely shorthanded at the moment.

If you've acquired it specifically for 12.x we'd be happy to issue a refund.

Sorry for the inconvenience but no one is abandoning the package. The problem here is really keeping up with the latest SRP updates.

We'll have to see.