Search Unity

Amiibo/NFC support with WiiU and Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redz0ne, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

Like the title, if I dip my toe into developing something for the WiiU what would it take to take advantage of the NFC technology in the game pad to use either Amiibo support or just to utilize the NFC tech in it?

I get that if I were to use the amiibos specificially to unlock Nintendo IP-related content I'd probably have to negotiate something with Nintendo but has anyone tried their hand at cracking the NFC tech for the WiiU yet? Was it a pain or was it fairly simple? (I'm a massive noob when it comes to that... I have no idea of what kind of data or how it's coded/archived/etc but I do know the basics of NFC stuff like how it works in theory.)

2. Ostwind

Ostwind

I don't think these kind of threads or questions are allowed as Nintendo is partnered with Unity.

3. elmar1028

elmar1028

How come? This is Unity related question so I don't think there should be restriction like that, even if there are no console-related forums on Unity Community website (which is strange)

4. Ostwind

Ostwind

Well I'm not sure if the cracking referred to figuring out and using the communication protocol unofficial way but anyways the official stuff is usually all under NDA which is the reason no console platform subsections exists in the forums.

5. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

No. Please read the rules on this kind of discusison.

@Ostwind is correct, partner + no forum = NDA.

Xnutphd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.