Search Unity

AMD specific crashes in builds

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mike_Weicker, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Mike_Weicker

Mike_Weicker

Hi there friends!

We are building a game for Windows that is starting to pick up steam and as we get more users in, we start to notice trends in errors. Currently we have a not-insignificant number of players crashing anywhere from 5sec to 5mins in to launching the game. All of these users are using AMD video cards. This does not affect all of our AMD users but a significant enough portion to make it concerning. We have been collecting as much info as we can about the crashes (not much sadly) but the only unifying factor we can see is that they are all AMD video card users.

We are using Unity 2019.3.1f1

We upgraded to this version specifically to get incremental garbage collection. This did improve the framerate of almost all our users by a dramatic amount but we are concerned that it might be linked to the issue. We are making a build without incremental gc to hand out to some affected users as a test but we are not expecting positive results.

I know this is a very general post with little information to go on but I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of incompatibilities with this version of Unity and recent AMD cards. If there is any more information that would be useful, I'd be happy to update this thread with it.

Thanks,
    Mike