Search Unity

AMD and Nvidia have anti-lag technologies does Unity have a way to include these?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arowx, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Arowx

Arowx

AMD and Nvidia have anti-lag technologies does Unity have a way to include these in a build?

There are other AMD and Nvidia specific frame rate improvement technologies can they be easily added to Unity games?

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Arowx, these technologies are brand new and I can't even find the API for AMD's offering. No, Unity does not have a way to include these in a build most likely, and probably won't unless you get source access and integrate them yourself because they're close-to-core renderer C++ libraries on Nvidia's front.

Rewaken, Joe-Censored, Amon and 2 others like this.
  3. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Scalpers and miners. They're the only ones with the cards after all. :p

5. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

Goddamn GPU market ruined my life, either out of stock everywhere or crazy prices, i've been waiting for a good deal for literally 3 years! lucky the i7-7700k graphics are quite decent (and i got an old gt 610 for an extra hdmi port)

Joe-Censored likes this.
  6. Arowx

Arowx

It sounds like just frame rate limiting a game where you are artificially 'CPU bottlenecking' a game forcing the GPU to wait for the next update from the CPU gives very good results regarding lag.

So just adding a frame rate limiter option to your game would go a long way to reducing input lag (combined with graphics quality settings to allow users to maximise FPS).

What other ways in Unity can you reduce CPU frame times and GPU frame times?