Search Unity

Audio Ambisoncis soundfield to speaker array

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by fct509, Jan 21, 2019.

1. fct509

fct509

Does anyone know of a valid way to push an Ambisonicis sound-field over to a 3D speaker array?

I recently started looking into Ambisonics in Unity for a possible project, but what I've been finding is designed for headphone output. I realize that I will probably need to pass the soundfield from Unity to an outside program that's able to decode it to a speaker array, but first I need to find a Spatializer Plugin for Unity that's able to output the soundfield in realtime. I know I'm not the only person with this problem because this is a feature that people are requesting this for Resonance Audio.

Also, is anyone away of a program that can receive real-time soundfield data and decode it to a speaker array?

2. timmb

timmb

Hi, did you have any luck with this? I'm looking for the same thing.

3. fct509

fct509

The project didn't take off, so I stopped looking into it. I did find a PDF with instructions for setting up a speaker array along with a break-down of what software they used for the different parts of the process, so there is software out there for outputting a sound-field to a speaker-array, but that was around a year ago, so I lost track of it.

On top of that, I have heard that Google has stopped working on Ambisonics. I haven't confirmed this; I only heard about this because someone responded on a forum thread I had posted to, which notified me a few weeks (months?) ago. I did take a quick look at the repo for the plugin and it looked like it hadn't been committed to in 2 years. The code could have been transferred to a different repo or something; I didn't really put any effort into looking into that.