Search Unity

Ambient Skies - Skies, Post FX, Lighting

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, May 9, 2019.

1. visualjump3d

visualjump3d

Hi !
    I bought your plugin,
    how can i use it (change the preset) runtime (in-game)?
    Thank you

2. BryanPW

BryanPW

Ambient Skies is editor only.

You can use the time of day which will adjust the lighting during runtime.

3. BryanPW

BryanPW

As of today we have deprecated Ambient Skies.

When it was built the Unity Pipelines were in a state of rapid change and it was next to impossible to work out lighting, and so there was a need for a product like Ambient Skies.

That's changed now and the pipelines are a lot better. They essentially now do the same thing via their render profile system. As they constantly change these, they break Ambient Skies and make it less relevant.

Additionally, we sell very few copies of Ambient Skies every month, so the community has indicated that there is little demand for it. A couple of sales per month does not justify the cost of continuing to maintain it.

While it has been deprecated, and support for new Unity changes and features will no longer be supported, it will still work on the Unity versions it was released for, and is still available to you as a download. You can also continue to use the post-processing profiles we created.

While we are disappointed to be letting it go, we would rather deprecate it than have people purchased a product that is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Thank you for your understanding!

4. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I just noticed this message. That's a shame that it was deprecated but understandable. I do like the prebuilt profiles, though.

5. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Yeah. I do as well. Unfortunately, based on the caliber of some of the reviews it got, not everyone valued this.