Search Unity

Ambient Skies - Skies, Post FX, Lighting

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AdamGoodrich, May 9, 2019.

1. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Welcome to Ambient Skies, the integrated skies, postfx and lighting system for Unity.

With Ambient Skies you will easily create the look you want regardless of whether you choose the builtin, lw or hd render pipeline.

More than just a wrapper around Unity, Ambient Skies makes intelligent decisions about how to set your scene up, adds a time of day system, dynamic depth of field, horizon blending, hdri skyboxes, and over 30 pre-configured post processing profiles, all of which have been carefully matched to give you a great visual starting point for your scene.

Ambient Skies is made up of three sub systems - Skies, Post fx and Lighting - that can be used independently or together as desired. This makes it easy for you to mix and match Ambient Skies with your favorite sky and weather systems as you please.

All settings are logically grouped and self documented so you will never again need to work out where to go to find and change that setting on a particular pipeline or wonder what the setting does - just tweak it and see the result instantly!

Ambient Skies was born out of our desire to create beautiful scenes and great visuals with minimal time, effort and frustration. It takes the pain out of working out which subsystem a setting is hidden in and what that setting does and is the result of years of experience in using and configuring Unity for optimal lighting and performance.

Key Features:
    - Automated pipeline setup - builtin, lw, hd
    - Intelligent scene interpretation and setup
    - Procedural, hdri and third party sky support
    - Time of day system for procedural skies
    - Horizon blending system to remove the clash between skies, fog and terrains
    - 10+ matched hdri skyboxes and scene setups and more coming
    - 30+ post processing styles and more coming
    - All configuration is profile based, editable, and revertable
    - Change settings in edit mode or at runtime as you please
    - Automated multi mode depth of field system
    - Configurable lighting performance and quality settings

Note 1: The existing post processing profiles work with builtin, lw and hd on Unity 2018.x, and on builtin & lw in Unity 2019.x. We will convert them to work in hd in Unity 2019.x as well shortly.

Note 2: Ambient Skies is NOT a volumetric lighting system or sky shader. It is a tool that integrates these things together, adds value on top, and makes it easy and fast to get the look you want. For examples on how Ambient Skies can be integrated with 3rd Party tools like Aura and Enviro or Tenkoku, please watch the attached integration video.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...s/ambient-skies-skies-post-fx-lighting-145817

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

placeholder

3. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Hi, I have been waiting on this and just purchased. I love your assets for their ease of use. Quick question, does this integrate well with Enviro? I must confess I have not played around with it so the information might be in the asset, I just won't be able to delve into until later today.

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  4. rrahim

rrahim

This is looking very cool. I'm currently using Tenkoku and would like to keep using it, how well would this integrate with it?
    Or what issues can I expect to face?

5. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Thanks. Yes you can integrate with Enviro. In fact if you check the following video out you can see that we already auto detect it.

You should have no problems integrating with Tenkoku. We plan to add in code to auto detect a whole lot of skies and clouds systems over time.

rrahim and KeithBrown like this.
  6. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

What does Ambient Skies do for performance? Does it increase reuse of passes, intermediate buffers, what have you? Or is it mainly about streamlining UI?

Also: how deep is iOS support? Looking for top-performing DOF and color grading alongside Enviro's atmospheric scattering.

Thanks! Looks promising!

PWPeter likes this.
  7. PWPeter

PWPeter

Please excuse the delayed reply, the may sale had created an influx of messages on all channels for us. There is nothing in Ambient Skies yet that will increase performance over a similarly set up scene without ambient skies, but we chose to use light settings that are more conducive to low end
    The effects used are all within the unity standard of the respective rendering pipelines and post processing, the only exception is a custom horizon shader which can be disabled. So you should be able to use it on iOS as far as the Unity standard supports it. We have not received any feedback of any constellation not working yet on iOS, but take this with a grain of salt since Ambient Skies is a rather new release.