Search Unity

Resolved Ambient HDRI Sky Lighting missing on Entities with HDRP + Hybrid Renderer v2

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by AScaredyCat, Dec 31, 2020.

1. AScaredyCat

AScaredyCat

Hi everyone, as stated in the title, the ambient lighting from the hdri sky is missing when using entities + hdrp + hybrid renderer v2 while in play mode. I first noticed this in my personal project and made a simple test scene to demonstrate.

In the picture below you can see the play mode comparison between entities (using game object conversion workflow) on the left, and normal game objects on the right. Although the issue also exists with entities generated at runtime.

Im using a realtime directional light, and have a volume that is using both a visual environment override, as well as an hdri sky override.

Im not sure if this is actually a bug, not actually supported, or maybe just user error on my part since the documentation for hybrid renderer v2 states that hdrp supports ambient probes.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.10/manual/index.html

I am using unity 2020.1.1f1 HDRP version 10.2.2 and Hybrid Renderer v2 version 0.10.0-preview.21

If anyone has some insight I would greatly appreciate it >.<

2. SebLazyWizard

SebLazyWizard

3. AScaredyCat

AScaredyCat

I do see that it says "planned for 2020" for Ambient Probes under the URP features, but I am using HDRP and for HDRP the docs say "yes" for Ambient Probes which to me implies that its already supported. That being said you seem to be right so idk :rolleyes:

Delays are totally understandable, but hopefully they are able to get back on track soon! In the mean time, it might be beneficial for users if Unity updates the supported features section in the hybrid renderer documentation if Ambient Probes aren't actually supported for HDRP at the moment.

4. MicCode

MicCode

Also using hdrp, same situation

5. nayden_dochev

nayden_dochev

Same here using Unity 2020.2.1f1 with Hybrid Renderer v2

Code (JavaScript):
    2.     "com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition": "10.2.2",
    3.     "com.unity.entities": "0.16.0-preview.21",
    4.     "com.unity.rendering.hybrid": "0.10.0-preview.21",
    upload_2021-1-19_11-37-12.png

This seems like bug to me. Entities are not affected by diffuse irradiance at all, I tried Physically based sky and HDRI Sky and turning off light layers and nothing helps. This definitely worked in Unity 2019 + DOTS + Hybrid renderer v1.

I don't think HDRI Sky is related to ambient probes but event if it is, it should be supported in HDRP already.

upload_2021-1-19_11-36-8.png

I also attach the scene in case anyone wants to take a look. I will probably report bug as well.

Attached Files:

MicCode and AScaredyCat like this.
  6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Did you get round to posting that bug report? an ID number would be helpful :)

7. SebLazyWizard

SebLazyWizard

It finally works with the latest hybrid renderer update.

AScaredyCat likes this.
  8. MicCode

MicCode

What version of unity are you using? "com.unity.rendering.hybrid": "0.11.0-preview.42", still don't have ambient light in Unity 2020.2.2f1

AScaredyCat likes this.
  9. MicCode

MicCode

Got it working, somehow ENABLE_HYBRID_RENDERER_V2 was missing, strange.

AScaredyCat likes this.
  10. AScaredyCat

AScaredyCat

Just like the others are saying, I can confirm this was fixed for Version 0.11.0-preview.42! Thanks for the fix, and good luck with your projects everyone! c: