Search Unity

Amazon Fire TV

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by jhample, Feb 10, 2015.

1. jhample

jhample

We have our largest following on Amazon Fire TV. Unity Ads kinda work, but not quite. The ad will play for a second or two before cutting to the end image and store button. Also the buttons don't work with controller inputs.
    Has anyone found any workarounds to get them working fully? Or is there any official support for Amazon devices coming soon? Since its Android it seems like it should work similarly, but I know that Amazon has stopped some services that Unity offers like Everyplay.

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unfortunately, Unity Ads isn't the best fit for Amazon apps at the moment. Currently, we only support the Google Play store. We may eventually support the Amazon App Store, especially with it's growing demand and user base, but we don't support it at the moment and don't have plans to support it in the immediate future.

I'd be interesting in hearing more about this issue with Everyplay, though.

3. jhample

jhample

Understandable, Amazon does do a few things a little weird. It always takes a couple extra steps for me to get my stuff working on Amazon platforms.

As for Everyplay this was from an email I got a few months back. If anything has changed since then I'd love to know

4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Ah, that makes sense. The blacklist for Everyplay is still in effect for Amazon/Kindle Fire devices, but it's only for recording. You can still run Everyplay on fire devices, you just won't be able to record anything.

Unity Ads doesn't have a device blacklist though, but it doesn't really need one. Unity Ads just uses the WebView to show ads, which is standard for the most part across devices. In order for Everyplay to record, it has to rely on lower level resources and uses native code. The blacklist is used to disable the recording feature in Everyplay for devices known to be problematic or don't support it.