Search Unity

Games Ama's Lullaby - A cyberpunk adventure game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MGC_Marc, Dec 24, 2013.

1. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

--> You can back the project here!

Hi there :)

Ama's Lullaby - Prologue is an adventure game in the style of Westwood Studios' Blade Runner (1997), featuring a command-line based hacking system. The game is developed by me, with Unity.

The target platforms are PC, Mac & Linux.
    The release is planned for Spring 2019.

The project is now live on Kickstarter, from February 8 to March 25.

THE STORY

After the announcement of a potential impact between Earth and an asteroid, a space mission of colonization lead by an AI brings a young computer-science prodigy called Ama to the 1st colony on another planet. This place was built by machines for human beings. Ama has designed this AI together with her father and is now an ambassador of the human race. She’s being protected by her artificial creature. But when she finds out the actual reason of her presence in this colony, and notices the strange behaviour of its inhabitants, her world suddenly falls apart.

THE GAME

Ama's Lullaby is a point-and-click video game taking place in a cyberpunk environment. Playing the role of Ama, a high potential teenager who loves computer sciences, you will explore the colony, meet its human and non-human inhabitants, negociate with the AI and make decisions that will impact directly the course of events. Thanks to Ama’s programming talent, you will be able to hack any network of the city, gather information, steal confidential data to use them for your own purposes, disclose them or even blackmail people. But be careful : every action will have consequences on the story, and you will become an easy prey once you identity is unveiled.
    The game development will focus mainly on high-quality visual atmospheres and soundscapes dialogues and interactions between characters, as well as on replayability: every new game session offering a (truly) different experience.

Feel free to ask anything you want about the project on this forum, comments and feedbacks are welcome :)

Marc
    --
    MercyGround Creations

THE POST HERE BELOW IS OUTDATED (IT'S ABOUT THE FIRST VERSION OF THE GAME (2013/2014), BUT YOU CAN STILL TAKE A LOOK AT IT.

Hi there,

We're proud to announce that a new independant game is currently in development with Unity : Ama's Lullaby.

More info here: https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby

About the game : it's a Survival RPG in a cyberpunk and post-apocalyptic world. It tells the story of Ama, a cyborg. Left to herself after having escaped from her creators, she meets Bran, a lone survivor in these wastelands. Then she learns why she was created, namely to sacrifice to destroy all artificial life, and save the human race. But she quickly develops a taste for life, forges ties with Bran, and his donation is a gift that humanity maybe does not deserves...

Who is this game for? This game is for you if:

• You want an intense story.
    • You're used to count each ammunition and food rations in your bag. We never know.
    • Evocating movies like Blade Runner, The Road, Waterworld or Mad Max drives you crazy.
    • You love gloomy atmospheres!
    • Luck doesn't exist. It's all about strategy.

About the team: we are 2 developers, 1 graphist and 1 sound designer. We live in Paris.

About our objectives: we want to create a demo level of the game with all the main features included (survival mechanics, turn based combat mode, immersive dialogs). This demo will be free to play, and we hope it will help us to launch a crownfunding. Then, the success of this project is completely dependant of the community behind the game. That's why we would love to see you on our side: you can follow us on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/amaslullaby. We will really need your support and feedback.

Now, it's time to take look at what has been already done. Here are some environment concept arts:

$AmasLullaby_Art_01.jpg

$AmasLullaby_Art_02.jpg

In-game screenshots:

$AmasLullaby_Ingame_01.jpg

$AmasLullaby_Ingame_02.jpg

3D model of the character Ama:

$AmasLullaby_HighRes_01.jpg

You can see much more on the Facebook page of the project, we use it as a production diary.
    See you!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Chemaxmax likes this.
  2. bbsbot

bbsbot

Hi

the color of your screenshots catch my eye as soon as i saw it. then i saw your facebook page.
    nice game. hope may see screenshots or concept art about cyberpunk city soon.

good luck.

3. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Glad you like it :)
    We've got some concept arts of the city but they need coloring, we'll post it as soon as they will be finished.

Thanks for your support bbsbot. We keep going.

4. Marjo_Borestag

Marjo_Borestag

Hello.

From the art style you shown - I love it!

Please keep it up. I'd love to try out the demo when it comes out!

5. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

@Marjo: Hello :) Thanks for your interest, we will put you at the top of the list for the demo testing process!

6. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Here are some in-game video clips we have not posted before because they are only tests. But feel free to enjoy it:

7. ambitious_sound

ambitious_sound

Looks very good!

8. Nicolas-Liatti

Nicolas-Liatti

Which platform are you targeting?

Cheers,
    Nico

9. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

@ambitious_sound and @Nicolas.Liatti: Thanks! The demo will be released for PC (Windows Linux) and Mac.

10. Kona

Kona

The artwork looks great and I like the concept and idea of the game! :) Looking forward to see your progress on this!

11. Neffy

Neffy

This looks very nice. Although, I would personally go with a third person camera to change the way the game is perceived and make it more "smooth".

12. Shadow_Fire

Shadow_Fire

I agree with Neffy. It seems that you have work very hard on the characters/environment design/storyline. For that kind of game, I think a third person camera view is more fitting for it than the currently bird's view camera perspective.

Regardless of what you choose, the game look awesome so far. Keep up the good work.

13. Adrianis

Adrianis

Loving the look of this. I can't get enough of cyberpunk, such an awesome style, great to see a 3d RPG in that style in development. Looking forward to it!

14. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

@Kona: thanks :)
    @Neffy Shadow_Fire: Thank you! We will see how does the game work with our camera, nothing's frozen. We want to have tactical combats (with a team management), that's why we have this kind of camera.
    @Adiranis: Thanks to you! Cyberpunk and post apocalyptic atmospheres are so dark and attractive, we love it too :)

15. Mister-D

Mister-D

concept art looks great!
    i think the camera is too far away from ama. if u put so much effort in the environments i think u should use a closer camera. thats my opininion
    good luck!

16. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

@Mister D: Thank you! You're right, we're going to fix that!

17. stridervan

stridervan

Very nice concept arts. Ama reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect

18. DexRobinson

DexRobinson

How did you go about the point and click walking to get them to turn before they walk? How do they handle corners?

19. jonkuze

jonkuze

Very Nice! I love Cyborgs, and Post Apocalyptic themed Games.... I saw the video and it looks great, but why not offer a third person camera maybe? I felt the Camera too crammed up top in the City Scene and I could hardly see whats going on below... you can still keep it click based but use a closer camera, just my thoughts.

I'm not trying to promote my game on your thread, but here is a link to my own RPG Game below I'm working on that has the Option of Zooming in Really Close into a Third Person View, and also you can Zoom out so you can play in Top Down or any Angle you want with full control of the camera.

check it out here: http://coinrpg.com

(again not trying to promote on your thread, just sharing an idea as I think your game will look nice with a closer camera)

20. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

@ Stridervan : Thanks! It seems that bald girls looks very similars!

@ DexRobinson: I'm sorry but I can't answer your question (I'm the graphist guy...). But for this demo, to move the characters I have used a script made to move tanks in RTS games... If your question about the corners relates to pathfinding: there was no pathfinding in this demo (it was just a test) :)

@ Kuroato: Thanks! Your camera works great! But we can't control efficiently a team (and each character) with a third person camera, it's all the problem. But our cam will have much more freedom than what you can see on the video, it will be possible to get closer and lower. So if you want you'll be able to be as close as you wish of the characters, but the camera won't follow them.

21. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Recap of the day!

Our team is still working, especially on more technical stuff. Let's talk what's new, and what has been done:

• Selection/Navigation system with pathfinding

We are now able to create an army of zombies following you anywhere :) Just kidding, no zombies over here! Anyway, zombies don't need pathfinding, they walk straight.

• Fog of War system

Navigate in the level with a fog of war is definitely more fun. Now we can't see what's on the other side of a wall.

$FogOfWar_01.jpg

• 3D props

We are trying new 3D tools to improve quality and productivity, and we add some details to the environment.

$AmasLullaby_Ingame_04.jpg

And take a look at this gun! We can't wait to shoot some zombies robots in awesome turn based combats:

$LaserGun.jpg

• Music and sound
    We have our first sound in the game, and the music composition process has already begun. Take care, dark mood over here :)

$AmasLullabyCubase.jpg

• Social
    Now you can fiind Ama's Lullaby on Twitter (@AmasLullaby): https://twitter.com/AmasLullaby

See you for the next update, stay tuned, and speak of Ama's Lullaby around you!

22. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Hey guys! We've been quite busy this summer, we had to take a break with the game. Now we're getting back to work, and it starts with our new website!!

http://www.amaslullaby.com

chelnok likes this.
  23. Zomby138

Zomby138

Hey this looks great! I hadn't seen this thread before. I'll be following this project now :)

24. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

@Zomby138 Thanks! We'll keep posting all development updates here and on the website :)

25. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Hi there,

For those who were interested in the project, please note that I started again from scratch in a more modest version of the game, far more adequate for a first game development. If you wish to learn more about the new concept you can check out the page on Steam Greenlight for a first preview:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=848587496&searchtext=

There will be much more information in a few days on Kickstarter. Sorry for resurrecting this old topic, but some of you wanted to be informed in case a crowdfunding happens.

26. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Hi there :)

As we are reaching 25% funded on Kickstarter, we've added new perks (postcards and wallpapers). The perks are entitled "Outer Space Settler Ltd" and "The Postman". They are both limited to 50 backers. Check it out here: http://kck.st/2kkWejX

However, things start to get tougher, it's hard to find new backers. If you want to support the project, please share our Kickstarter link - http://kck.st/2kkWejX - with your social network :)

The best moment for now has been the day where Rock Paper Shotgun wrote an article about the game. I hope that it will happen again before the end of the campaign!

CWolf likes this.
  27. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

28. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

29. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

PhilippG likes this.
  30. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Hey there!

We have new physical rewards for the 5 last days of the campaign!

As you can see, now you can get the game on a USB flash drive (classic or cyberpunk style)! With a printed manual, boxed in an original signed box. The boxed edition is available in two formats, standard and collector. More info on the Kickstarter page!

See you!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  31. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

We have reached 75% funded on Kickstarter tonight!! But only 59 hours left :/ If you want to see it happens, please share our link with your social network! http://kck.st/2kkWejX

32. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

33. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

34. MGC_Marc

MGC_Marc

Thank you @RavenOfCode !
    Indeed, that was an unpredictable campaign, probably because it's our first game, we start from the beginning so we didn't have hundred of backers on the first day. And we didn't have a very great visibility on Kickstarter (the project didn't get the "project we love" tag...). The end of the campaign was amazing, with a news published by Gamestar.de and lots of backers per day!

RavenOfCode likes this.