Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I using Unity "Ads" wrong?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by devotid, Feb 4, 2019.

1. devotid

devotid

Im only here for the user analytics. Not any ads. Am I using it wrong? I only build games for Steam / Win Standalone and have never used ads and I prob never will. So I just use the custom events, Installs and User playing numbers.

I used to use GameAnalytics.com but I saw that Unity has it built into the new editor. (Im just getting to 5.6.3 as I work on projects for 2-3 years at a time) so I thought I would try UA instead of GA on my next title.

I dunno..... I think GA was better IN TERMS OF JUST ANALYTICS. It feels like this "dashboard" is mainly built for Ads only and not really as much about player analytics. If you dont have ads turned on half of the menus and graphs are just blank pages enticing you to add ads to your game. Face palm.

So I ask.... Am I in the right place? Or should I be using another piece of software to manage player info and stats.?

Thanks for any input. :)

Kevin

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You are using it correctly. You also have a Analytics Dashboard that shows your Custom Events, etc. In the Editor, go the Services window (menu Window/Services or Window/General/Services), and click on Analytics. At the top of the Services window you'll see the Go to Dashboard link.

devotid likes this.