Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I allowed to publish games that were build with a Beta ?

Discussion in '5.5 Beta' started by HeaDiii, Nov 19, 2016.

1. HeaDiii

HeaDiii

Hey there,

i couldn't find any information on this so I'm asking. Am I allowed to publish a game that was build with the Beta of Unity 5.5? (or any other beta)

I'm not owning a Pro-License and the build doesn't show a Unity-Splash screen, so I'm curious.

2. Mauri

Mauri

It looks like Beta Access has been granted to Personal users as well recently. (At least that's what the Get Unity page says). Strange that there's no Splash Screen, though (Bug maybe?).

In general, Beta versions of Unity should not be used for Production, because things are likely to break! I'd assume that you can use Betas to publish games. It's just not recommended for said reason. Better wait for a Stable release.

HeaDiii likes this.
  3. Moonjump

Moonjump

Unity 5.5 has the new Unity splash screen system. The Personal version has few options, including the requirement to include the Unity logo. It is a big improvement.

HeaDiii likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yeah you're allowed but bear in mind that it is at your own risk. If you use personal though, you have to show a splash screen, regardless.

HeaDiii and m0guz like this.