Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Always something to publish - Collab problem

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by haosdew, Oct 17, 2019.

1. haosdew

haosdew

Hello,

I'm having problem with collab. I joined a project in the middle of development. When I updated to the lastest version, collab shown me I have new files to publish. Ofcourse it was impossible cause i did not even start to work. I reverted to the newest version, and I was in a green... for 5 second, then again collab thinks I have something to publish. Even if i revert file by file they appear in the publish section again. I have no idea what to do, I simply cannot work on this project becouse of that.
    upload_2019-10-17_22-41-25.png

This files from the picture I never even edited, and for sure not created but they are always there, even when i revert them one by one.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @haosdew, I'm not familiar with the MicroSplat asset. My guess would be that there is some recompilation happening in the background with these asset that is causing some IDs to be recalculated on a regular basis. This triggers Collab to pick them up as a change every time they do this. (You can verify that this is the case by clicking on the See Differences button for these assets to see what is being picked up as a change.)

If you'd like to tell Collab to ignore these specific assets until you're going to make changes that you'd like to be published then you can add them to the .collabignore file in your project's root folder (make sure that hidden files are visible) with the following rule:

Assets/MicroSplat/*

This will ignore all asset changes detected in the MicroSplat folder so that only the changes you care about show up in the Collab Toolbar.

3. jbooth

jbooth

MicroSplat will regenerate these files based on the hash being different- This happens if you are running different versions of Unity than the rest of your team, or different build targets. This is because changes to those things may cause the textures to need to be compressed differently (ie: ETC2 for android vs. DXT5 for PC).

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  4. LilGames

LilGames

I've noticed that many things that run in the Editor can result in marking themselves "dirty", AKA "changed". So then Collab of course marks them changed for uploading. This is correct and expected behaviour.