Search Unity

Alternative file storage option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RogerK, Nov 27, 2015.

1. RogerK

RogerK

While I was on the lookout for an alternative file storage option to Dropbox, I did not want to go in for Google Drive or Box for various reasons. I wanted an online file storing that would allow me to store and share the file with specific rights for specific user to edit the files. I was told to use a SharePoint site that will allow me to do all that I wanted and I would get it at no cost too from cloudappsportal. Has anyone tried using such zero cost SharePoint versions for file storing? How does it work?

2. Kronnect

Kronnect

Why are you dropping-box?

3. VIC20

VIC20

You should take a look at Copy for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone

http://copy.com

– You can also easily share files with anyone publicly or privately by creating a direct link.
    – You can sync folders with others and SHARE the "bill" for the necessary space (like 200MB you 200MB the other person for a 400MB file). The Options for sharing are:
    – View & Download (can preview and download)
    – Sync & Edit (can sync and collaborate on its contents)
    – Manage (can also manage who else has access to the file/folder)

Free Features:
    15GB of cloud storage
    1 user
    No maximum file size limit
    30 day file revision history
    30 day file recovery
    Sync desktop files
    Mobile app access

You can also simply share a referral link to invite people. Both of you will earn an extra 5 GB (up to 25 GB) for completed referrals. (some years ago you could get much more, I've collected 500GB free space this way)

Copy is a service from Barracuda Networks and it is hosted on servers in their own data centers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barracuda_Networks

4. darkhog

darkhog

Mega.nz

The best solution.