Search Unity

Alternate 3D modelling software?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by tronciuvladgetsomekid, Mar 2, 2018.

1. tronciuvladgetsomekid

tronciuvladgetsomekid

I used Autodesk FormIt 360 in 3D design for 3 years and i find the UI perfect to me
    Sadly i have no idea how to make models in it and export as gameobjects in unity.
    Is there any program conpatible with Unity that has basically the same UI?

(Yes i tried everything i swear to god if anyone says blender I'll just quit)

LaneFox likes this.
  2. SnowInChina

SnowInChina

FormIt 3D is a CAD program, which works to some degree for Unity
    but lacks all the Polygonal tools you get with a Polygonal modeling program (which is used as a standard in the industry)
    the underlying Math on which both types of programs work is different, tools are different
    so most likely you won't find a program that can do this

also, CAD programs are not really made for this, for certain things they can work out for you, but usually they lack the tools to create 3d models for games, so learning a polygonal modeling tool would be usually the right decision

that said, if you know what you are doing, or don't really care, you could try sketchup
    also, from what i could find out, formIt should have an option to export as obj format, which should import into unity just fine

3. Pepsidog

Pepsidog

If you need simple geometric looking models, use sketchup. If you need something animated, rigged, textured, or more complex, then use blender.

4. superfryme

superfryme

I use wings 3d its its best free one that i found

5. Tiles

Tiles

Have you tried Bforartists too? It is a fork of it. It's the Blender tools with a much better UI and usability :)

https://www.bforartists.de/

6. chelnok

chelnok