Search Unity

Altering walking speed in FPSWalker

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by tone, Sep 11, 2005.

1. tone

tone

I am royally confused with the FPSControl prefab.

HOW do I alter the walking speed? It says 30, despite the fact that the script file clearly shows 7. I can edit it to anything, and as soon as I try to run the game, it reverts to 30! Quite aggravating. It does this regardless of whether or not the checkbox to the left of "Ground Speed" is checked.

What is the usage model here?

tone

2. klindeman

klindeman

Are you editing it while the play button (or pause button) is still activated.

You can change things while the game is running, in order to test things quickly. Then when you stop the game it reverts back to what it was before.

3. boxy

boxy

I came across something like this. I tried to change a number in a field, but when I click back in the editor 3d view the number goes back to its original. I found that if I type the new number in the field then use the tab key to move the Ibeam cursor to the next field, the number change would 'stick' whereas if I just click in the field and hit return, the change would not stick. I'm afraid I am still such a noob with Unity that for now I assume things that may seem like errors or bugs are down to me not doing it properly :)
    Try using the tab key to accept the change, let me know if it works.
    Cheers
    Boxy