Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Alt-tab now unusable (IN-43727)

Discussion in '2023.2 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Jun 13, 2023.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Sweet.
    Now the right punishment is to back port this fix, that should discourage anyone else from make such dookies :D

Ruslank100 and nehvaleem like this.
  2. spiney199

spiney199

I'm probably one of the few that didn't actually mind this change. I generally never have any window's popped out (coming from using software like Blender where this is normal), but when i do it's usually because I want to swap back and forth between the main-window and the pop-up.

Though it should be configurable nonetheless.

PaulMDev and LooperVFX like this.
  3. mgear

mgear

tested it, atleast the titles wont pollute task bar now!
    *although compiling scripts popup still steals your alt tab coming back from vs.. but i guess thats slightly separate issue from those windows.

*small tip: all of this time & effort could had been saved, if managers/developers had asked community for comments (no need to do what everyone likes, but just to get some feel for it from people who use unity daily)..

nehvaleem, Ruslank100 and Thaina like this.
  4. Thaina

Thaina

Still not being fixed in 2023.1.19f1

5. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Fairly certain it will not get ported back.