Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[alpha12] VSync Toggle Button Missing From Game View.

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by xCyborg, Aug 18, 2019.

1. xCyborg

xCyborg

upload_2019-8-18_13-52-34.png

I don't know if this is intended or not, but in any case the old behaviour of the vsync button was not optimal for me.
    It's much better to make it able to disable VSync altogether, i.e. make it "Don't Sync" because I always find my self tweaking the VSync Count in the quality settings because the VSync toggle in game view only toggles betwwen Every VBlank and Every Second VBlank.

I request that you add Don't Sync too.

Thanks.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's here now:

Sans-titre-1.jpg

LuisDany04 and charlesb_rm like this.
  3. xCyborg

xCyborg

@APSchmidt Thanks, can you take into consideration the feedback I gave?
    What's the behaviour of the checkbox ☑ in relation to VSync Count in the quality settings!

4. segant

segant

It doesn't work with second v blank.
    It's not working at all. I use Universal RP. All settings are okay. I checked quality settings. But editor vsync not working i see 140 fps. But i need 30 fps.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  5. SilverStorm

SilverStorm

Hi this is an old thread but I was struggling for a while to find why my game was not following the Vsync off that I put in Quality settings. I was about to go on another tantrum because my max fps was only 30 even though I had Vsync off.in quality settings and checked profiler and stats with no luck or any trace of the bottleneck. I googled and everything pointed me to go into quality settings
    which I had already done. Any time a new feature is added there should always be a very good reason because millions of people use Unity and will be searching for forums and answers only like me to find answers that direct them to traditional solutions. I saw a forum post on stack exchange where the person had the same problem but nobody could help them.

Lucky for me I remembered Unity put a Vsync toggle some versions ago but now that toggle is also gone again.

I seriously question the management of Unity in deciding to add yet another unnecessary feature that was perfectly working to begin with. What's the point of having now to make sure Vsync is set in both the game view and the quality settings?

That toggle should be removed entirely we should stay with the original rule that if you want to change Vsync go to where it has always been and the one place it should always be-in quality settings.

I have the quality window open next to my game view and scene view so whenever I want to make a change I got there, this is second nature after all these years I don't need more hours wasted on finding features that were never needed and that only serve to break currently perfectly working features. I will report this to Unity as a bug.

If Unity is insistent on keeping both buttons then the best advice I can give is to have both locations where Vsync is set to ironically sync together so if I toggle Vsync to off in the quality settings then the new Vsync toggle in game view will reflect that change and vice versa so there is no confusion and it will not be possible to have one Vsync set to off in quality while game view is set to on.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020