Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[ALPHA] EZAchieve - An achievement system by Kybernesis

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Ronin-Ra, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Ronin-Ra

Ronin-Ra

We at Kybernesis have been distraught at the lack of a good Achievement System on asset store that don't necessarily need to be connected to an online solution/server. So we decided to make our own!

The Achievement System is currently in alpha and we're still working on documentation, design and such, but the core functionality is there. But to get to the point where we can release the system to Asset Store, we need your help to find all the bugs, give feedback on anything related to the design, etc.

So if you would be interested in testing out our Achievement System hit the Sign Up! button below :)

Screenshot from the main Achievement Editor window.

Features

• All achievements are stored in a local SQLite database.
    • Achievements can be grouped so they get unlocked in sequence after each other
    • Achievements can be set to trigger a reward event, so it's easy to set up a reward when it's unlocked.
    • Bulk import and export of achievements with CSV or XML.

2. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

Thank you for sharing your library!

I don't think I fully understand what this is.
    What I'm seeing is:
    • A list of names called achievements
    • For each achievement, an associated description, icon, group name and reward name.
    When I'm working with achievements, most of my efforts usually goes towards integration with services like Steam, PSN, Xbox Live etc. (there's no way around that I think).

The easy part is to call AssetDatabase.CreateAsset on some ScriptableObject with a List<MyAchievement>.

In what situation / with what motivation, should I consider EZAchieve?

3. Ronin-Ra

Ronin-Ra

Fair points, I'll elaborate :)

EZAchieve is mainly an offline solution for storing, updating and reading Achievements for your games so you can have local achievements that are persistent from game session to game session.

All current achievement systems that I have found for Unity either require an online server solution or connect to existing services like you mention.

Also, every achievement that include a reward fires an event that can easily be picked up so you can handle what that reward actually gives the player for unlocking the Achievement.

4. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

I must admit keep reimplementing the same system over and over.
    Looking forward to see a more polished system.

I heard you're already working on the documentation, so I'm optimistic.