Search Unity

Alpha blending artifacts

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by God-at-play, Oct 20, 2010.

1. God-at-play

God-at-play

Ippokratis recently posted a demo of a 3d bezier curve using Vectorosity:
    http://ippomed.com/wordpress/3d-bezier-curve

I noticed that the spheres have some alpha blending artifacts, and thought I'd ask if other people had this same issue. A few of the pixels around the spheres seem to want to blend to black, as opposed to the colored background used. A screen shot is attached.

Attached Files:

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I would guess that's a texture rather than a 3D object, in which case the artifacts can be fixed in the texture.

--Eric

3. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

It is indeed a texture / shader issue. I wish to publish some more demos and tutorials as soon as I get better ( I had a motorcycle accident some time ago, pain doesn't help me improve my poor coding skills).

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Ouch, sorry to hear that. Your coding seems pretty good though.

--Eric

5. God-at-play

God-at-play

Yikes, I hope you heal up well. I would recommend yoga or stretches and exercises specifically for wrist rehab. Yoga has helped me with shoulder pains in the past.

Regarding the artifacts, that makes perfect sense if it's a texture, as it's likely a multiplied-alpha kind of issue. I ran into this problem myself recently. I seem to remember a Blurst technology blog post about it, but I can't find that now...

6. MegadethRocks

MegadethRocks