Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[ALPHA] 10 Years After

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kazzack, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Kazzack

Kazzack

Hey folks, this is Kazzack here from an quite new indie studio called Ten Tree Games.
    We have a small team of around 4 people and this is our current project and first, as Ten Tree Games.
    Introducing "10 Years After".

About the game...

The game is a Open World Survival Game, at the minute in the early Alpha stage we have only Single Player Survival mode, but in the future, most likely for the Beta will be Multiplayer Survival.
    We only very recently released the Alpha stage so that people can get a feel for the game.

For all the updates and more info on the game please feel free to visit these links.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/10YearsAfter/
    Website - http://www.10yearsaftergame.com/
    Desura - http://www.desura.com/games/10-years-after
    Steam Greenlight - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298165885

A Zombie survival game, never seen one of those before.. bah, how will 10 Years After be different?

Well we have many a features coming soon into the game and some already in. Some of the stuff we have planned and are working on are as follows...
    - A unique story mode with quests and adaptable AI that change as you progress through the game. ( The back story of the game can be found on the main 10 Years After game website, link is above).
    - A survival mode for well you know, surviving and stuff ;)
    - A multiplayer survival mode, even harder to stay alive with other players hunting you down whilst you scavenge to survive. Well unless you have a charming personality and can reason players to work with you.
    - Constant day / night cycle so the world changes around you.

For a full list of features and planned features please check the website / facebook page.
    I will be updating this thread every 2 weeks or so showing all the major changes / updates in the game.
    Kazzack,
    Ten Tree Games - Programmer

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

One little bit of constructive criticism - when you have a game that you're representing publicly - here, Steam, Desura, etc - and you're trying to sell people on your idea, don't underestimate the amount of polish that you need to put on your product. Take a read through your story teaser and see how many mistakes you can spot (http://www.10yearsaftergame.com/story/4584467762) - hint, there's a LOT. Your teaser videos on Steam Greenlight have spelling and grammar mistakes in them too. I stop looking as soon as I see that sort of lack in attention to detail.

Take yourself seriously and always try to represent your product in the best light possible.

It might sound harsh, but it's something that really gets on my nerves. Simple things that are easily fixed and should be no-brainers. Those are the sorts of mistakes that should never be seen by the public because they're fixed before you hit that button to go live.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. Kazzack

Kazzack

No don't worry about it, any criticism is good.
    I'm not the one actually the one who in charge of the website editing and our advertising video's on Steam etc.. But I will pass it on to the other guy and make sure it's sorted. Some things the eye overlooks. Thanks :)

4. ANTMAN0079

ANTMAN0079

"It might sound harsh, but it's something that really gets on my nerves. Simple things that are easily fixed and should be no-brainers. Those are the sorts of mistakes that should never be seen by the public because they're fixed before you hit that button to go live."

PRAISE THE LORD! Also, "10 Years After" is the title of the theme song to Mobile Suit Gundam - The 08th Team. It could be a copyright issue.

5. Kazzack

Kazzack

I don't see how there would be a copyright issue. They have nothing in relevance apart from the name, I mean one's a theme song another is a game, there is even an old band called "10 Years After".

Like in 1996 there was an old game called Fable, but then in 2004 Lionhead studio's also released a game called Fable, both completely different, yet the same name. There was no copyright issue there? (And yes I have done research into this). Unless there is some part of copyright law I am not familiar with or missed?

6. CaseyLee

CaseyLee

There absolutely is a copyright issue with two video games having the same name, IE Fable (assuming the original was indeed copyrighted). How or if there was ever a suit or a payoff for that name I don't know, nor care really. If its a name of a product, the copyright on that name covers all products in it's industry.. the genre of video game does not matter.

and... There absolutely is not a copyright issue with a song name and a video game sharing the same title... unless there was more similarities like the song was singing about zombies or whatever this game is about, and then it is a violation of someones intellectual property... but I'm sure that's not the case here.