Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Alpha 0.11 function pointers: Editor closes with no bug report window

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by jasonboukheir, Apr 1, 2021.

1. jasonboukheir

jasonboukheir

Trying out the new function pointers in the latest alpha, and my editor is crashing in the project. Usually, a help window appears so that I can report the bug, but it's not appearing now. Any ideas on why my bug report menu isn't showing up (am I missing a setting or something?) or clues on how I can get the editor open to report the bug?

The last line of my editor log is "Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly", everything else looks fine

Currently commenting out different parts of my scripts to see what's causing it to crash

2. jasonboukheir

jasonboukheir

It crashes immediately with no bug report window when I include a function pointer in my code.

If you run into the same situation, just comment out your code in your project until you can open the editor without crashes, then go to Help -> Report a Bug.

In your bug report you specify that the code needs to be uncommented to reproduce the bug.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  3. Lhawika

Lhawika

jasonboukheir likes this.
  4. jasonboukheir

jasonboukheir

Heck yeah thanks for linking me to a solution. I've been super excited for the function pointer support to get proper function pointers in Burst.

Lhawika likes this.
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

jasonboukheir and Lhawika like this.