Search Unity

[Almost Tutorial] How did I created a simple first person character controller in DOTS

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by DevViktoria, Apr 6, 2022.

1. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Hi,
    I am creating a video series about how did I created a super simple first person character controller in DOTS. This is not quite a tutorial video series, but I do hope that you can learn something from it or at least you can get some inspiration about how to create your own first person character controller in DOTS.
    I had inspiration from the Unity's First Person Character controller that can be found in the asset store (that is of course for Unity Classic). I also got inspiration from the third person character controller that can be found in the Unity DOTS Physics samples.
    The first video in this series is about the camera setup. And you can find it here:

2. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Simple DOTS First Person Controller - E02 - Physics Sample Input Handling is up

In this episode we are going to take a look at the input handling in third person controller in the Unity Physics Samples.

ECKOD likes this.
  3. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Simple DOTS First Person Controller - E03 - Input Handling in the Experiments Project is up

In this episode we are going to take a look at the input handling and basic character movement in the My Unity DOTS Experiments Project.

ECKOD, bb8_1 and mgear like this.
  4. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Simple DOTS First Person Controller - E04 - Camera Rotation in the Experiments Project is up

In this episode we are going to take a look at the camera rotation in the My Unity DOTS Experiments Project.

ECKOD likes this.
  5. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Unity DOTS Tips - Unity DOTS Physics Distance Queries is up

This video is not strictly part of this series, but it may help you to understand the collision queries in future episodes.

ECKOD likes this.
  6. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Simple DOTS First Person Controller - E05 - Velocity Calculation in the DOTS Physics Samples is up

In this episode we are going to take a look at how the physics velocity of the character is calculated in the Unity DOTS Physics Samples.

ECKOD likes this.
  7. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

Simple DOTS First Person Controller - END - Collision Handling in the Experiments Project is up

In this episode we are going to take a look at how the collision is handled in the My Unity DOTS Experiments Project.