Search Unity

Almost finished with my very first Unity game...

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by 2darray, Jun 6, 2012.

1. 2darray

2darray

Hello, everyone! I've been making games for a while now, but I only picked up Unity pretty recently, and I'm about to be done with my first little "for practice" project. It's a crushy-smashy physics game in space, and it's mostly about intelligent trash cans.

Some screenshots via Imgur: Click me

It's got 20 levels in story mode, and when you finish all of them you get time trials and an infinite game mode. These last two are primarily for the sake of high scores, but those aren't hooked up yet, so use your imagination, I guess. There's also no audio yet, since that's the part that I can't do myself. I'll have David Carney on the case soon.

Anyway, Click Me to play the game. Please let me know what you think!

P.S. I don't know if anyone will have heard of them, but this game is a distant sequel to my older games, "Viricide" and "You Find Yourself In A Room," so you might get some extra kicks out of the storyline if you've played one or both of those.

P.P.S. My record in Infinite Mode is 920.

2. ironbelly

ironbelly

What a great concept, looks really good and congrats on completing, or almost completing, your first game!

3. EvilAlienOmega

EvilAlienOmega

Hey I like it, I didn't bother with reading the story so i was happy with being able to skip it,

I was very impressed with how easy it was to figured out the controls of the game and the the objective (less than 30 seconds)

I didn't mind the art but some other people looking at it were a bit confused at first.

BUG -- This was way more impeding than it should have been but moving diagonally up and to the left does not work. Other that than no problems.

HIGHSCORE -- 1154 -- =D (if i'm not to busy I might try again once you fix the movement)

Overall great concept, well done I enjoyed playing your game.

4. Wikened

Wikened

OMG I love it! You will great success with this game!

5. _Petroz

_Petroz

Awesome game. Congratulations!

6. 2darray

2darray

Thanks for responding, everybody!

Oh S***! I haven't seen that happen on my machine. Are you using WASD or the arrows? If you use the other one, does it still happen? Does anyone have any useful insight about this problem?

Also, damn – 1,154 is a really good score, especially with the diagonal handicap!

7. Kyena

Kyena

Pretty fun to play! I did a test and didn't read through any of the text and figured out everything within a few seconds (which speaks for the easy of use and the design).

Fun and easy to get into. I really like it a lot :D

8. EvilAlienOmega

EvilAlienOmega

0.o it works now both on WASD and arrow keys, I was using arrow keys before.

OK found it again, Its only the arrow keys when you are also holding space, It almost seams like a S***ty keyboard that can't send 3 key messages but all of the other directions work.

Also forgot to mention before, The feel and movement of your game is amazing.