Search Unity

Almond Hill Silent Meow(Better than Slender)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by snowconesolid, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Foestar

Foestar

Wow, I wish I could pump out characters as fast as you. I spend too much time rigging and trying to get the animations to flow nice in game.

2. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks, it usually takes me a couple hours to complete a character actually. Well it depends actually on the character I am working on. I complete some faster than others and some take me a long time. I just try to keep the characters as simple as possible to save time. And I would have to say that animation is a more weaker point for me. I do create all my animations but they are not great. I suppose they turn out ok, but sometimes they are not really smooth and do not flow well. I recreated the walk cycle for my Leon character a ton of times. It looks pretty decent now but its still not perfect and I wasted a lot of time working on it. I wish I could animate a little better. As for rigging, character rigging is really fast and easy if you use Blender3d. There is an add on called "Rigify" which lets you easily and quickly rig any humanoid character. If you use blender and havent heard of that add-on I highly recommend checking it out. It will save a ton of time during the rigging process.

New character
    Leon Coffeebean version 2

Interesting story behind this character.
    I planned on redesigning my original Leon Coffeebean model and it became this new Leon model that you see here. But I was having a lot of trouble getting all the old systems that I created for my original Leon model to work with the new one. So I decided forget it, I will just stick with my original Leon design. Dont get me wrong, I love the original design for Leon that I created but I thought I would just try to make him a little more like my newer more recent characters. Anyway, making this short, it didnt work out so I am just going to stick to using my original Leon coffeebean model for the game.

But I really do not want this new Leon model I made go to waste so now what I am planning is adding this Leon as one of the secondary characters into the game.
    So there will be this comedy moment in the game where you meet this new leon who looks like you and has the same name as you.
    So Leon 2 will also be in the game

Almond-Hill project on hold during October New horror game project coming soon
    Ok todays news. Just as I said earlier in this thread, I will not work on Almond-Hill during October. And October just started. I just posted a blog entry about all of this over here on my dev blog if you want to read it http://snowconesolidwho.blogspot.com/2013/10/almond-hill-on-hold-new-halloween.html

if you dont I will quickly explain. I released the original Almond hill game last year as a quick short horror game project around Halloween. Since that time I have decided to make it a personal tradition of mine to work on and release a short horror game every year for Halloween. So this will be a project I only have this month to complete, it will be a short and fast project I will challenge myself to complete and have released by the end of this month. That is why I will not work on Almond-Hill during this month. I am very excited about this new small project and have plans for what I will make. I can't wait to get working on this project and it feels good to know I have a deadline so I will have to have a game out by the end of this month. again, it will just be a quick short horror game project. Almond-Hill is a much larger project that will require more time to complete and it feels good to take a break from working on that so I can work on something different.

As for Almond-Hill, I will resume working on that project after October. In the meantime you can enjoy this final in game screenshot I took when I last worked on that game.

so that is all for now, be on the look out for a new thread I will create soon once I make good progress on my short horror game.
    see you back in this thread sometime after October!