Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Almond Hill Silent Meow(Better than Slender)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by snowconesolid, Jun 12, 2013.

1. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Planning on having a short teaser trailer up soon. Then I will talk about the major changes.

Until then heres a character size comparison between Almond the cat and Leon Coffeebean.

2. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Hey everyone, as promised here is the very first trailer for Almond Hill.
    I have been making a lot of good progress on this project and really liking how its turning out. Its a short trailer because it is still in early stages and I have a lot more to finish before having the ability to show you even more so this is just a little teaser trailer. I hope you enjoy and it gets you excited!

Teaser Trailer:

Major Changes:
    Now lets talk a bit about those major changes I keep mentioning. This will be brief because I dont really feel like typing at the moment. Anyway, as you might have noticed, I keep changing things around with this game all the time. Not to long ago I decided to take things like potions systems, coin system, trap system, etc out of the game. I also decided to cut down the number of characters down. I am even planning on not including those ghost characters I revealed in older posts. You are probably thinking, "Snowconesolid, at this rate there will be nothing left in the actual game why are you doing this?"

Well I keep removing these things because I am starting to realize that I dont like these ideas. I am removing some stuff because I want this to be a great game, my best one yet and my first good quality game that could be taken seriously among the game community. I know exactly how this game will play out now and I am modifying it to work with my new vision for it. I said this before, but I believe it will be a much better game in the end because I decided to change it up so much.

So today Ill mention that there is another major modification to the game. A new main character will be revealed soon. and when I finish him I will talk more about that. Like I said in a older post, I want this game to have a really cool story and characters. I have already greatly changed the storyline and it has many twists and is more than just looking for a cat in this spooky town. I need to add a new main character to fit these story modifications.
    "But wait I just saw Leon Coffeebean in that teaser trailer", well of course! Leon wont be taken out of the game. He will still be an important character and you do play as him. He just is no longer the main character.

Hmm I said it would be brief but I guess I went on and on. Anyway, in upcoming posts I talk more about the new main char and maybe reveal him if I finish him. Maybe even talk more about story and gameplay. I dont know. Im tired.

more updates coming soon.

3. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

I will be releasing a playable demo of the beginning of the game real soon. Not sure exactly when but perhaps in 2 days or so. Maybe sooner. So real soon because that part of the game is pretty much complete at this point. I just need to do a couple more things to finalize it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  4. DarkArtsProdigy

DarkArtsProdigy

Okay I just saw the picture of the main villain. Dude I can't lie that is creepy, I wouldn't want that guy in my house... Anyway, I really can't wait to play the game. Will it be standalone or browser-based? Also if it is standalone will we have to buy it?

5. Aspiring_Failure

Aspiring_Failure

I have to say, the cartoony graphics are very charming and after playing your original web demo I left with a sort of "Luigi's Mansion" feel which is definitely, definitely a good thing. I'm personally quite excited to see where this goes and what happens with it.

On a sidenote, there is no shame in downsizing the project, removing, or changing features. This is absolutely typical in early stages of development and essential for the game to be the very best that it can be. It's also interesting just to see the evolution of the game, the addition and removal of features as it progresses towards completion. On a side, sidenote, I keep misreading the name as "Silent Hill: Almond Meow" because my brain can't imagine the words 'silent' and 'hill' being together without being the name of one of my all-time favorite videogame series.

6. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

@DarkArtsProdigy Thanks! At the moment I am just focused on getting the game done. The final game will release for PC and MAC. The demo I will release soon will be a webplayer demo though.

@Aspiring_Failure Thank you for your kind comment! Im glad the style reminds you of Luigis mansion in a way haha. Yeah I am even surprised at all the changes I have made so far. But you are right, its typical for games to go through changes as they are developed and I believe its for the best and I am also a fan of Silent hill. As a matter of fact, the very first Almond Hill game I released was kind of like a parody of "Silent Hill : Shattered Memories". I had so much fun doing that project (even though it did not turn out so great) and here I am working on a new one. But Silent Meow wont be anything like the first and is more serious with a crazy storyline :)

Edit: (Offtopic) Also I forgot to mention, I checked out your game "Forgotten" after seeing it in your sig. Really cool and awesome work. Such a cool atmosphere it has.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  7. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

I just posted this on my dev blog but I will post it here as well.

As I said, there will be a new main character for the game due the changes I made to storyline.

Everyone, meet the new main character for almond hill.
    Special Detective Pekoe Tea Leaf

Detective Pekoe has been sent to the town of Almond-Hill to investigate a recent murder and the mysterious town itself. He might not be the best agent for this job but he has style and gets things done. The Agency did not give Detective pekoe a handgun because he has terrible aiming and failed the target shooting test. But all in all, he is a good at what he does. Also, he prefers tea over coffee.

And I thought it would be cool to have a main character with cool light blue hair...

Finally I would like to say that I will be putting up the very first playable demo of Almond-Hill : Silent Meow up tomorrow. The demo is the beginning of the game. In the beginning you play as Leon Coffeebean

so be sure to check back here tomorrow :)

8. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Just like I said yesterday. Today I have the very first playable demo of Almond-Hill Silent Meow up.
    This demo is the very beginning of the game where you play as Leon Coffeebean. Its a pretty short demo but I hope you enjoy it and it keeps you wanting more. Keep in mind that after this part of the game, the gameplay will switch completely because the player will play as the new main character Detective Pekoe. Hopefully I will maybe have a second demo out soon when I get more work done so you guys can play as detective pekoe. My aim is to try and get in a variety of different gameplay into this project so it stays interesting throughout the whole game.

Anyway enjoy the demo. Any feedback is welcome.

Demo Link (Dropbox)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50235309/AlmondHillSilentMeow/Demo_1_SilentMeow%20Opening/Demo_1_Build.html

(the screenshot of the menu above is for this demo. The final menu will look much better and more polished and nothing like this demo menu)

9. DarkArtsProdigy

DarkArtsProdigy

OMG great demo, the villain dropping paper in the demo scared my cousin away lol. It's sad to see Leon be removed as main character but hopefully Detective Pekoe will be great

10. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks, Im glad you liked it! I also liked leon but felt he was unfit to be the main character for the game as I made changes to it. I think you will really like Detective Pekoe though. I want all my characters in this project to be memorable and have personality :)

11. HolBol

HolBol

I'd love to hear more about your dialog system. Can you shed any light on how it works?

12. Forge Vault

Forge Vault

Demo looks pretty good so far. A couple things that stood out to me.

Not being able to move the camera vertically made it difficult to see where I was going at times, especially with the wide trees. The walking speed also felt a little slow to me, although it didn't bother me as much when I could see something was happening(the villain in the distance).

I really like the story.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  13. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

@Fishman, sure no problem. Its nothing fancy really. So I created this dialog manager to handle all the in game text and there is several parts for this manager that all work together. There is a this transparent black box for where the text actually goes(which is just a GUI Texture), there is 6 different GUI_Text objects that go with it and there is a simple sound effect for it that plays when the character says something (which is just a polish feature and not necessary to the actual system itself.) There is 6 gui text objects because that is how many separate lines of text the dialog box (transparent black box) can hold. So with 6 lines I can have the freedom to have the character say some long dialog or short depending on what I want them to say.

Anyway, as you can see in the demo, I just used the same dialog system for all three characters (Leon, Almond, the killer) but there is only a single dialog manager/system in the entire scene. But like I said above, its actually something really easy and not fancy at all. So, whenever I want a character to say something or start a conservation or switch to a cutscene with characters talking to each other, I just make a call to the dialog manager. The dialog manager has two events, a start dialog even and an end dialog event. If I call start dialog, the black dialog box will render, a sound effect plays and I have full control over whatever is said since all 6 of the gui_text objects are stored in global variables. Anyway, thats pretty much it. I can easily have the characters talk back and forth with each other and so on. When I want the dialog to end I call the end dialog event I created which stops rendering the black dialog box and it clears out all 6 of the gui text variables. I hope that explains it a bit better. Also, keep in mind that I am using playmaker for this project and I created that dialog system with playmaker. So while I can easily modify whatever text is being said with my dialog manager in playmaker, it would be a little more work to do if this was coded and it would kind of be messy because you would have blocks of code just for dialog. But even in code, it should not be a very difficult system to create. :)

@ForgeVault, thanks! thats interesting that you talk about no vertical movement. I set it up like this because I dont think vertical movement is necessary for this game since the character will never need to look above or directly at the ground. But yeah I guess that is something to reconsider although I still believe its not necessary. It could of just been because of the level though. To many trees and a lot of repetitive design but all the levels after this part of the game wont be so clustered with trees. I might work on the camera and controls a bit more then

14. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

quick protoype level for Detective Pekoe gameplay.
    I already like playing as Pekoe more than Leon coffeebean. He is funner :)

15. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

heres a playable prototype level for Detective Pekoe.
    Its nothing fancy, just a quick press 3 buttons to unlock a door level. But it gives you a chance to see how Pekoe will control like.

Pekoe Prototype Demo
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50235309/AlmondHillSilentMeow/demonstration%20Builds/Prototype_Pekoe.html

even though this prototype level is just for testing purposes, you can already see how different gameplay will be compared to playing as Leon Coffeebean. Detective Pekoe moves faster and is not as boring to control. He does not have a flashlight. Instead, if you left click he will pull out his Detective badge to show it off. haha.

So yeah about the badge, it does have a use. In some parts of the game, you will sometimes need to show your badge as verification that you truly are here to investigate the town.

16. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Made a couple of building assets that are important to the game.

Gram's House

Almond-Hill Hospital

A traditional cabin in the woods (Movie joke, ha!)

The Silent-Meow Bar (Really important)

So Silent Meow is actually the name of a bar in game and thats how the game got its title.

Other stuff:

rusty phone booth (Will probably use it for saving game)

And my favorite place, The Almond-Hill Coffee Shack

I am planning on having this as kind of a place for mini games and such. Its kind of just a place to go to that isnt really linked to the main story. I will see what I'll do with it as I develop.

These places will look much better once I get them into unity, create the surrounding area and atmosphere, add fog, etc.

Ok, so these are all places you actually go inside of in game (except for the phone since it is more for saving purposes)
    Anyway, this game will play out something like a Zelda game. And all these different places you go to, the cabin, the hospital, the bar, etc are the dungeons of the game, they are the main part of the game and proceed the story. Each one will be different of course.

Terrain:
    So I talked about those buildings and how they are dungeons, probably the key gameplay will be throughout the dungeons and exploring. But outside the dungeons? When your not in a dungeon on a main quest you would be outside in Almond-Hill main village which will be a decent size terrain and you can explore that. Like I said when I first started this project, I wanted to make a decent size map to explore. Not to big but you know big enough to cover some ground and explore. Also, I want driving in game. So when in Almond-Hill main village, you will be able to call a taxi. You control the taxi and you can use it for travel. Of course you can always go on foot to.

So in a way this is kind of an open world game. But a small open world game (dont want to get carried away and create a project to big to handle on my own, keeping it my size, but bigger than any of my other games, which were not that big) with zelda like gameplay, unique characters and of course a unique horror game

I will have more soon!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  17. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Hey everyone. Just wanted to show the latest screens I captured today after completing the Almond-Hill main area

at the phone booth

at Silent Meow bar

Ok so, I pretty much finished creating the terrain and Almond-Hill main village area. I wanted to have a sense of adventure and exploration whenever the players are in this area. So, the entire village is always covered with this light mist/fog and there is trees, rocks, logs,etc everywhere. It is a like this foggy, mountain, foresty area. It has this feel of openess but at the same time it isnt to big. Due to the design I came up with, (trees, rocks, props all over) I am going to have to exclude vehicles from this project. To be honest they are really not necessary and the village terrain is not that big so traveling on foot does not take long at all. Actually traveling on foot is really fun, I found it to be. I have test played my main village terrain a bunch of times so far and I really dig the atmosphere and that sense of exploration. Eventually you get use to the map and know where the locations are which I see as a good thing in a way. But yeah I think it is a very unique map. Also, if you noticed from my newest screenshots, there is this yellowish/sepia type effect. This effect will always be present when you are in the main area. I think it just looks really good.

I will have more news soon.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  18. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

You knew I was going to throw these purple creatures in the game somewhere right? :)

19. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Game Demo looks really good. I think it will be fun to play.

You are a playmaker monster...

20. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

^Thanks Pixelsteam

Screenshot friday

Room (Dark mode)

Same Room (Normal)

21. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

sorry for the lack of updates guys. been busy but am getting progress done on the game.

Here is a preview of a new enemy I recently created. now I am working on his AI.
    This monster is called an "Alarm System" in game. It makes a horrible loud noise if it sees you.

Major changes (again)
    well, throughout this whole thread I have been making "major changes" to my game project. Ever since i started the game I have been on and off "oh I am going to do this, I am changing this, the game is now this, I am taking this out and putting this in" etc. So its no surprise that I am going to be making even more major changes. But hopefully these will be the last ones since I finally figured out how this project will all come together. I will talk more about these "new major changes" in upcoming posts. For now I just want to say I am bringing some things back. vehicles will be back in game and so will ghosts. Actually, there will be even more ghosts now in game, the focus of the game will be mainly about ghosts and other things. Anyway I will have more soon.

22. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

screen shot of the day,

The feeding room, the one room you never want to find yourself in. If caught by a monster, you will be placed in this feeding room. A ten second timer will then start counting down. there is 4 doors, you have ten seconds to get out of the feeding room or its game over.

not final, the fog is disabled and the timer i made is turned off in this screen shot, and ignore all those labels floating around in the screen shot. Thats playmakers state labels, which will all be turned off in the final game.

23. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

ok todays update.

Ill start off with my new character that will be part of the game.

The Patrol doll

an early enemy you encounter in the game. She cannot be defeated so the best thing to do is avoid her by sneaking past. usually there is more than one patrol doll in the area. They shoot out yellow beams of light from their eyes to represent their line of sight. Stay out of this line of sight to avoid getting put in the "Feeding Room"

With the addition of this character I can move on and talk about those major changes and what you can expect from gameplay.

So lets talk gameplay. As I mentioned above, the patrol doll is an enemy you avoid and sneak past. This adds in stealth elements to the game. Actually, I believe I mentioned somewhere in this thread a while back that I was going for a stealth-horror type gameplay. I think the game will be more unique with these elements. This character is only one you should avoid, but throughout the whole game there will be other charactes/enemies you have to avoid. I will try and get a different enemy for each level in the game.

more changes, Major changes

Remember that demo I released a couple weeks ago? if you played it you know that at the end of the demo Leon coffeebean is killed by some unknown masked man who is chasing Almond the cat. Well, after doing a lot of thinking and making a bunch of changes to the storyline I decided that entire part of the game will not be part of the final game at all. I took it out. Leon never died, actually he has an even more important role to the games storyline now. Leon is actually teaming up with Detective pekoe to search for his lost cat almond now. So this means that I am also taking out that killer character I created. He no longer has any purpose to the game.

I think the game is turning out great so far despite all the changes I keep making and I can't wait to show you guys some more in the future

24. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

The very first level of Almond-Hill is finally complete. I did a lot of work. created AI for the Patrol dolls that works good, set up the puzzles and main missions in the first level. And it maintains a dark atmosphere.

Its a horror game but the gameplay is fastpast and so is the stealth. You don't slowly sneak past ghosts and what not, you wait for your opportunity and run past them.

Also, I mentioned that it would have a sort of zelda type element added in. In each level there will be a unique item you obtain to help you through complete the level.

I don't want to spoil anything but I will reveal the main item in the first level.

It is a boxing glove.

25. Foestar

Foestar

1.) I LOVE your game's name. F*%&ing awesome! I instantly went into this thread because I love games like Silent Hill and your title made me think of it.

2.) I actually like the Slender games. I think it's a little unfair to say it's unoriginal and it couldn't have been too bad overall as there are as you said, tons of people copying it. THAT however is what I can't stand. Every game I see now is a wannabe of that game and that's the thing that bothers me. Just another flashlight game with cheap thrills. I was making a survival horror 3rd person game and decided not to because of all the posts putting me off on the idea.

3.) I really like what you have done so far artwork style, game play and your lighting is superb for it's style! I wish I could produce the quality you are doing, but I guess if I made things the same as you my games wouldn't have my touch to them. My only complaint about your game so far is that you don't warn the people following of spoilers. When you talked about removing a character and the direction you want to go I felt like some of the mystery was revealed which is one of the thrills of games. So I personally would like a spoiler warning as I really like the project and intend to follow it.

Other than that, I really like your project thus far! :cool:

26. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks, I also love silent hill.

I really don't mind the slenderman games, I wish I could remove that "better than slender" sentence from the title now. It isn't right for me to bash other games. But its just like what you said, there is so many slenderman games out and a ton of people just keep making more of them. I just think it would be nice to see people try something more fresh. And its not just slender, all horror game lately are the same. Its exactly what you said they are, a game where you carry a flashlight and just walk around until something pops up. That is the entire gameplay of these horror games. Don't get me wrong some are really good, but I want to see people try something new with the horror genre. But hey who am I to decide. Its up to the developer and what they want to do. After all it is there game. I hope what I said doesn't discourage anyone. I want to see more people make games. :)

And I hope you decide to to make your 3rd person horror game you mentioned. Don't get discouraged by anyone and make what you want to make. I know I would like to check out the progress you make along the way.

As for spoilers, I agree I do discuss a lot about the game, but I have not really spoiled anything. There will be a lot of surprises in the game so I hope I dont make people loose to much interest because there is a lot of mystery to the game.

27. Foestar

Foestar

I do intend to go back to my survival horror at some point. But I figured I'd step away from it for a bit and make something funny and less serious than what I was planning.

I'm sure your game will still have plenty of good surprises. I'm just hoping not to come across anything about the ending of the main character or main story points. I'm the type of person who wont even read the back of a box or book because I'd prefer to know nothing going in. Haha

28. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

^good I look forward to seeing it sometime.

And I am the same sometimes. Sometimes I refuse to even watch trailers of games. They are just so much better when you play them not knowing anything about them.

29. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

WIP screenshot of the newest character I am working on for almond hill.

I do not want to say much about this character because of spoilers. This character is called the "Feeding Demon"

importance of characters
    In some games the most important part is the theme, some is the gameplay, some is the setting. I know a lot of you will agree that the characters of the game itself is one of the most important parts of the game. That will be the case in Almond-Hill. The characters are really important in this project and are what drive the storyline. Every character in this game will have a purpose. I have never created this many characters before for any of my game projects so this one is a big one. Its a lot of work but creating the characters is one of my favorite parts of game development. I will have even more characters to show in upcoming post once I get to working on them.

30. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

screenshot of the day!

31. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

finished the newest character for Almond hill.

This one is very important.
    The Feeding Demon

I am not going to say anything about this character so nothing is spoiled. You will have to play the game to find out, when its finished of course.

more soon!

32. Foestar

Foestar

Nice! I like it. The head design reminds me of a tiki mask.

33. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks. I was trying to go for a more resident evil 4 el gigante look but with my style.

Started development of new scene today.

34. Foestar

Foestar

You definitely got the coloring down. That picture reminds me of silent hill so bad. Road that's cut off with a man in a suit in the dark. lol

35. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

That road is no longer cut off. I think the current progress on the new scene will remind you even more of silent hill now

nothing beats a foggy road right?

36. Foestar

Foestar

Very nice! Yeah, nothing more awesome than some good old foggy roads. Gives the abandoned feel.

37. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Screenshot of the day

Car is approaching Leon on foggy road.

See, Leon is back in game now :)

38. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

What do you guys think about the prices at Stank's Gas? Almond-Hill's only gas station.

More changes
    Hey everyone, I keep finding myself changing this game more and more every time I work on it. And every time I make a change I feel the need to come on here and write a big long post about it. Well, I think I will just keep working on the game and let it naturally come together. As I keep working I realize I will always make major changes so I am just not going to mention anything anymore about changes I am making to the game in this thread. I will work on it until I am satisfied and finally finish the project.

It might turn out how I mentioned it would be the first time, it might turn out to be something completely else than everything I have already mentioned in this thread, who knows? I will just have to see what I do while developing and I guess now the game will be more of a surprise for you guys and myself.

Edit:
    Oh yeah and I forgot to mention, you can go inside the buildings as I also modeled the inside. Such as the gas station. Also you can interact with a lot of the environment like open dumpsters. So stanks gas station and other environments are not just for decoration.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  39. virror

virror

Ever heard of a GDD? : D
    Kidding aside, keep up the great work!
    I wish i had 10% of your push and motivation : )

40. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Game Design Document?
    Honestly, I just get my push and motivation by playing other games. I play something and then im like "man that was awesome such fun, I want to make something like that" haha. so when I loose motivation I pick up a game and do a short play through to remember how great video games are. :)

Stank's Gas station in game render
    I posted a WIP screenshot of a place called Stank's Gas. The only gas station in Almond-Hill, which you can go to in game.
    Today I finally finished creating that stank's Gas scene and worked on it in unity. I set up lighting, fog, etc and designed the inside of the place as well.

So I just want to show how this gas station will look like in game. I am proud of it if I must say so myself. :cool:

Stank's Gas in game

As most of you probably have figured by now, this game is heavily inspired by the popular "Silent-Hilll" series.In my game "Almond-Hill", the gameplay, storyline, characters, etc is completely different. However, I must admit that some (not all) places in the game I created are inspired by places from the Silent Hill games. Stank's Gas station for example is a place inspired by the gas station in silent hill. So, I just wanted to post this screenshot from Silent hill I have been using as inspiration as I created Stank's Gas.

I posted that just to compare my gas station and the gas station in Silent hill. In terms of design and atmosphere. :cool:

Silent Hills screenshot wins of course as it clearly has better fog and lighting than mine but I like to think that my gas station came close enough. Lighting is much darker in mine and fog is less dense and darker. My screenshot is pretty small for some reason but up close and running in game it looks much better I think. (Not better than the silent hill screenshot, I mean it looks a lot better in the actual game of mine)

Major Updates and changes soon
    I know in my previous post I mentioned that I was going to keep making changes, major and minor with the game and that I would just not talk about them anymore. Well, after I talk about this next major update/change I am making to the game I wont say anything else after that for sure I promise. I know I said this before, but I believe that now I truly have good planning for this project and finally decided what I wanted it to be. But that is for a different post because I don't feel like talking anymore at the moment. So stay tuned for my future posts in this thread as I discuss the final (hopefully final) major changes I plan on making.

More Soon!

Edit: I forgot to ask, can a mod remove that (Better than slender) part I have in the title for this thread and replace it with this title instead "Almond Hill Silent Meow(Unique horror game about a cat!)" a couple days ago I changed the title of my thread to that but it only displays that title if you open the thread. On the forums, the threads name is still Almond Hill Silent Meow(Better than Slender). I would really appreciate it if a mod will remove that for me and replace it with that new title as I feel like it was wrong of me to bash the slender man games even if I think they are plain and boring. It didn't feel right for me to call out on the game. So I apologize if I offended any of you slenderman nuts out there. :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  41. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Places to go!

Just wanted to post pictures of two unique places you go to in the game I finished creating recently for the project.

well, first here is Stank's Gas station, a place I showed progress a day or two ago and have completed and already put in game.

and here is the newest scene I just finished creating. The Silent Meow bar.

if you any of you have been following this thread from an earlier time you might have noticed that I created a bar called "Silent-Meow bar" a while back.
    I decided to completely redesign it and make if from scratch again while keeping some of its original design. I am making big changes to the game so I had to remake the silent meow bar. Its bigger now and I actually designed the insides of it because every building/scene you visit in the game, you will be able to go inside. I am not completely done with this scene, I am still working on more of the insides of it but pretty much it is near completion and I should have it in unity by tomorrow where I will start making it interactive and part of the gameplay/storyline.

If you havent seen the original Silent Meow bar I made a while back you can see it somewhere in this thread. But if you feel like comparing my old one with the new one I will post it here to.

Old Silent Meow bar

The old one I made was good to but only to look at. It was to small and I never made an inside for it. The way I made the old one also made making an inside for it to difficult since I used one sided tiles.

Final major changes soon and possible finish date

anyway, real soon I will talk about the final major changes I plan on making to this project and then I will continue to make more progress.

due date?
    I am not completely sure yet, but I plan on having the entire game finished and released sometime November. But that could change, I will have to see how things go. Hopefully though I will because that is what I am aiming for. I might put the game on hold during October. But that is something to talk about for another time.

anyway, more updates soon!

42. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

So yeah, I am going to be adding in lots more characters into the game,
    you will meet a new character every level.

There will be main and side characters.

preview of new character
    high poly sculpt

43. virror

virror

Nice!

44. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

^^^Thank you.

I finished the character in the same day.

Everybody meet Drunk Guy

Drunk guy is a character you meet early on in the game. He is literally drunk when you meet him. You eventually learn his real name as you progress through the story. He is not one of the main characters but a side character.

More new characters, more big changes and news and more soon!

45. Foestar

Foestar

He should totally stumble at you and say "I mustache you a question..... hic.... but I'll shave it for later."

.... lol. Good work as always.

46. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

ha! I seriously loled at that. That is one of the funniest things I ever heard. Iv always been a fan of jokes like this. Others might think its cheesy but who doesnt like cheesy? Its not cheesy to me, its a well-done steak of a joke to me! thats how good of a joke that is. (What I just said was cheesy though)

I am seriously going to put that joke in the game somewhere. You will receive credit for it haha. Ill have your name at the end of it.

47. Foestar

Foestar

Haha, that's a good one too. I enjoy cheesy jokes from time to time. Adds humor when you least expect it.

Glad you liked it.

48. virror

virror

Awesome character, plenty of personality there : )

49. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

thanks. I have a feeling Drunk guy might become a fan favorite out of the characters I made for this game. Who knows, maybe one day I will give him a spin off game of his own. haha. But, I dont want to get carried away with myself. I will focus on finishing this project first :)

Leon and Drunk guy size comparison

50. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Another new character

Just finished my newest character for the game.

Today you will meet non other than Stank himself. The owner of "Stank's Gas" in Almond-Hill.

I started modeling him yesterday and today I finished the creation process so he is game ready now. :)

Like I said before, there will be a good amount of characters to meet in this game.

I will be revealing a new character daily, or whenever I finish a new one.

more updates soon!