Search Unity

Alloy Physical Shader Framework Version 3 For Unity 5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by xenius, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Teosis

Teosis

It seems it had to do with the deferred shaders from another package which I'm using to deal with the foliage. There was no conflict with the shaders before, so it never occurred to me they might be the reason. Though I still can't wrap my head around how editing the script which disable Substance could cause the issue with shaders.
    The red error in the console still persists but seemingly cause no trouble no more - I'm able to enter the playmode and building the build seemingly works too. I'm loosing some additional features on the grass though, but that's another story.
    Thank you for pointing out that everything worked without errors on your end, it made me check additional possible causes of the problem.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  2. dersh

dersh

Hey! I've seen a lot of people having issues with Alloy on Android builds with white splotchy textures and no solution. I've finally found out what is causing it so hopefully this will be helpful to those in need.

On our end it was caused by two things:
    1) True blacks and true whites in textures. Just nudge the white/black levels by 5% in both directions and this'll fix that.
    2) Alloy's forward rendering shaders require at least one realtime light. You can fix this by jumping into Forward.cginc and checking for the realtime light sections. There do #IFs for GLES and if you're using android ignore the realtime stuff.

That should do it!

3. Hexer_

Hexer_

I presume Alloy is unusable in 2019 HDRP?

Anyone has suggestions for a good replacement hair shader that works with HDRP?

4. ceebeee

ceebeee

Zyblade likes this.
  5. Hexer_

Hexer_

6. razzraziel

razzraziel

Alloy is still in development (at some github repo maybe)? I see noone talking here, people left using it?

7. ceebeee

ceebeee

razzraziel likes this.
  8. SammmZ

SammmZ

It's an end of 2019 already and a lot of stuff were released (including powerful HD render pipeline) but Alloy shaders are still the best available solution for human shading. Such a pity it's not developed anymore (crying smile)

9. skinwalker

skinwalker

Unity 2019.1.9 getting lots of warnings in the editor when I select a mesh that has Alloy hair material. Does anyone know how to fix it or can you recommend a similar hair shader that is still in development? Honestly Allow is better than everything I have tried so far, sad to see it not getting updates..

Code (CSharp):
    1. Unexpected call to EndFadeGroup! Make sure to call EndFadeGroup the same number of times as BeginFadeGroup.
    2. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout:EndFadeGroup()
    3. AlloyTabDrawer:DrawNow(AlloyFieldDrawerArgs, Boolean) (at Assets/Alloy/Scripts/MaterialInspectors/Editor/FieldBased/Drawers/AlloyFloatDrawers.cs:275)
    4. AlloyFeatureDrawer:Draw(AlloyFieldDrawerArgs) (at Assets/Alloy/Scripts/MaterialInspectors/Editor/FieldBased/Drawers/AlloyFloatDrawers.cs:340)
    5. AlloyFieldBasedEditor:OnAlloyShaderGUI(MaterialProperty[]) (at Assets/Alloy/Scripts/MaterialInspectors/Editor/FieldBased/AlloyFieldBasedEditor.cs:143)
    6. AlloyInspectorBase:OnGUI(MaterialEditor, MaterialProperty[]) (at Assets/Alloy/Scripts/MaterialInspectors/Editor/AlloyInspectorBase.cs:201)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

10. SammmZ

SammmZ

Got the same warnings and just ignore them for now... :(

11. skinwalker

skinwalker

I cant find a good hair shader on the asset store that is similar to alloy and works with standard rendering.

12. SammmZ

SammmZ

Exactly. That's why i'm still using Alloy

13. amusingCalico

amusingCalico

So im not sure if this forum is even active anymore but I am having an issue with the alloy shaders, I cannot seem to enable backface culling so that both sides of a mesh are solid, and the back isnt transparent, im not very familiar with coding or writing script and Im not entirely sure how to fix this, any help would be appreciated. When checking the script for the shader Cull is set to "off" but it still doesnt seem to work

14. aloneandsuffering101

aloneandsuffering101

So this doesn't work in unity 2019 then?

15. skinwalker

skinwalker

Im using it in 2019 for hair only and there are problems with other assets related to transparency - for example Lux water, some effects from Beautify and EnviroSky. You can make it work with one of those but the other plugin will break, yeah there could be small artifacts, but I still prefer it than the other hair shaders and if most of your objects use Standard then it will be fine.