Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Allowing mobile keyboard to overlay over Unity Tiny.

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Vecna, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Vecna

Vecna

I made an input field using createElement using absolute position. The problem is that the mobile keyboard tries to scale the canvas but Unity isn't allowing it so the keyboard just pops up and moves down immediately as soon as you tap the input field.

Manny_bit and TimmyCom like this.
  2. Zionisias

Zionisias

Yeah we encountered this problem also a while ago. I have put some hours into trying to make a workaround for it, but we decided that the best thing to do was wait until the C# version dropped, and hope inputfields where implemented in that version. However they are still not implemented, so we must wait until the roadmap is announced, and see if inputfields are on it.

3. Vecna

Vecna

Is there no way to make Unity Tiny not trying to rescale and just gently let the keyboard overlay on top of it?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  4. TimmyCom

TimmyCom

Hopefully this issue will be on the roadmap

5. Manny_bit

Manny_bit

I have the same issue, the only option would be creating you own keyboard ;(

6. kingoawesomness

kingoawesomness

Hey guys, I can't seem to find any documentation on how to use the mobile keyboard on project tiny at all (im bad at googling maybe). How do you toggle the user's mobile keyboard using DOTS/project tiny friendly code?