Search Unity

Feedback Allowing merge group during rules analysis

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by aurelien-morel-ubiant, Aug 12, 2019.

1. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Hello @unity_bill ,

we found something that could be in the improvements I think during the analyze & fix bundle's phases.

When you analyze and fix some issue due to duplicated elements, you will create a "Duplicate asset Isolation" group which is quite cool.

But when we do this during another fixing session, it will analyze our new assets and if you detect new duplicated assets, you will try to create a "Duplicate asset Isolation" group again. But in your base code, I can see that you generate an index in case the group already exists and you concatenate it with the name asked in entry of the "CreateGroup" method.

Could we have the possibility, if we find a group that already exists to but the asset in that group instead of created a new one ?

In that case I think there is a logic to have only one "Duplicate asset Isolation" group instead of 2.

Cheers,
    Aurélien.

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

makes sense to me. we'll look into it.

aurelien-morel-ubiant likes this.
  3. unity_bill

unity_bill

Of note, you can select all the contents of one group and drag them into another. So you don't have to do it one at a time, or be stuck with the old group. you probably knew this, but i'm mentioning it just in case.

4. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Yes indeed, currently I'm doing this to fix this behaviour ;)
    But thanks to mention it.