Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow us to unbind editor keys

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Hertzole, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Hertzole

Hertzole

So when running around and jumping in my game I kept switching between fullscreen and not in play mode. I discovered this new gem in the "Keys" preferences: "Window/Maximize View" which is by default bound to Shift + Space.
    Honestly, how did this pass? A TON of games use shift for sprint and space for jump and you tend to do both at the same time. And since I can't completely unbind it, I'm having a hard time placing it somewhere. Right now I have it placed on F12 with all the modifiers to minimize the possibility. But a completely unbind ability is a really good quality of life feature.

phobos2077 likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi RealMTG,
    Thanks for reporting this. It is a regression and was not an intended change. This should be fixed soon.

With b4 we're also adding a clear-binding button to the UI.

3. Deeeds

Deeeds

Also, multiple taps of shift keys, in Windows, especially across both shift keys, creates a stalemate, eventually. It seems they're both trying to be "boss" and block the other, or something like that, at some point.

This is after turning off sticky shortcuts, Cortana and all that stuff that otherwise might be trying to tap into Shift activity.

And this problem is unique to Windows. Does not happen on Mac.

Mac simply offers Siri the first time, which can be denied, and then operates as they should be, like independent left and right pinball flipper buttons, from there on out.