Search Unity

Bug Allow us to login within UnityHub directly and NOT web-browsers... (please)

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by zezba9000, Apr 14, 2023.

1. zezba9000

zezba9000

I'm constantly fighting Unity's login system because it uses the browser to login. Its beyond frustrating (why was this ever changed??).

I manage work related stuff in Edge and Chrome for personal stuff.

Unity will open default browser for login which means it opens Chrome incorrectly causing logouts and other crap.

Also if I logout in Chrome it logs out in Edge. Its like some shared cache is used idk but its incredibly frustrating when I used to be able to just log into Unity Hub directly & this wasn't an issue.

Possible fixes to this:
    * Allow multiple cached logins to Unity Hub
    * Allow me to sign into Unity Hub directly in app
    * Allow me to switch logged in account in Unity Hub if no Unity instances are running

2. zezba9000

zezba9000

So part of the issue is Edge browser by default auto copies cookies etc from Chrome. (huge security issue on MS's part for snoop tracking). You can turn this off to mitigate the login issue.

* Go to: edge://settings/profiles/importBrowsingData
    * Go to Edit Prefs under Chrome and disable it

However it would be so nice if I could login to multiple accounts in Unity Hub. One for work & one for personal. Stuff like Unity Analytics etc should just be using API keys like any sane API does... not hard link it to my active Unity login (this issue also presents other major breaking issues for making builds).

WolfDreamer likes this.