Search Unity

Allow to use my game?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Carson365, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Carson365

Carson365

Hello!
    This is a kind of weird question, but can I play my game on my phone? I want to make sure I am not violating any policies. My only thought was wondering if it would violate some ad policy, but I'm not all that sure.
    Please give someone helpful suggestions.
    Thanks.

2. methos5k

methos5k

Not sure what you mean by 'ad policy'. Generally speaking, for sure you can play your own game on your phone :)

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Moving question to unity ads forum.

4. Carson365

Carson365

Well I was just thinking if Unity if fine letting the maker of the game watch the ads, since you need to turn on Test Mode while using ads in the Unity Editor anyways.

5. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

We understand it's necessary to test your game by also watching the ads in it.

You can mark your device as a test device in the dashboard. On the left hand side you should see Test Devices. Find your device advertiser ID (GAID / IDFA) and add it as a test device. Then you won't trigger any suspicions when watching ads in your game.

6. Carson365

Carson365

Thanks. Just to double-check, GAID is Google Ads ID? I want to make sure I out in the right number for the test device.
    Also, is it fine if my brother downloads it on his separate phone and plays it, or would that need to be a test device also?
    Thanks.