Search Unity

Feature Request Allow customizing how Unity Hub launches the Unity Editor under Linux

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by HACKhalo2, Nov 21, 2022.

1. HACKhalo2

HACKhalo2

So, I have a HiDPI screen running the official Manjaro KDE version, and it took me far to long to come up with a working solution to get the Unity editor to not look like something I needed an electron microscope to use. Pictures attached for reference.

The Unity Editor doesn't respect the DPI settings of the system (but Unity Hub does, riddle me that!), so you have to set a few environmental values before running the Editor to scale things correctly. Unity Hub has, currently, no way to allow you to set any of those values when running the Editor through it. I had to write a script to call the Editor itself so I can set those environmental values myself to be able to use Unity. So, until someone implements UI scaling for Linux (which shouldn't be that hard, especially since it seems to be using some sort of GTK to render things), allow us to configure the launch command so we can set these things ourselves.

What the Unity Editor looks like ran through the Hub:
    image.png

What the Unity Editor looks like ran through my script to configure things:
    image (1).png