Search Unity

"Alleys" an 3D escape puzzle game for iOS devices

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Shi-Chi, May 18, 2018.

1. Shi-Chi

Shi-Chi

iOS Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alleys/id1316319312?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=2

Hi~ I'm the maker of "Alleys". It's my first game and I made it all by myself. I tried to make the puzzle as simple as possible. Let beginners of puzzle game can also enjoy solving puzzles and focus on the exploring the environment.

About the Game:

Alleys is an adventure experience in which the player explores a theme park world full of quaint alleys that would fit perfectly in small towns in the English countryside. The gameplay is simple, with fewer of the complicated elements often found in puzzle games. All the player needs to do is to search for passageways, gather resources, and get immersed in the exquisite graphics and noir atmosphere. The player is free to choose where to go and can solve puzzles in any order to escape.

Background Story of Game:
    Alleys is a large-scale escape room hosted by a theme park, and the player is a tourist who has decided to take part in the escape experience. The player wanders through a fictional old English-style town, collects resources, solves puzzles, and overcomes obstacles to gradually discover the backstory woven throughout the alleys. In the end, the player finds the exit gate and escapes.

Main Features:
    1. Alleys Exploration

The players must find the way through complicated alleys, buildings, and sewers.

2. Check in to Proceed
    Accumulate points by activating the check-in stations found in new locations. Certain areas require a specific number of points to enter.

3. Freely Choose Your Route
    Alleys is a non-linear adventure puzzle game with no predetermined route. The player is free to explore and can escape the game as long as the conditions required to open the town exit gate are fulfilled.

4. Collect Resources
    Player decides how to use the keys and other resources collected in the game. The decisions the player makes will affect the difficulty of the game.

5. Solve Riddle on Tool Cards
    Every Tool Card is its own little riddle. Figure out the meaning of the illustration to find out what the card can be used for.

6. Simple Controls
    No need for virtual controllers—just swipe and tap to easily move around and interact with items.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  2. Doug_B

Doug_B

Hi Shi-Chi,

The trailer is well presented and the game play looks to be intuitive. I like those slow camera dollies through the alleys at the end. Nice work. :)

Out of interest, did you do all the 3D environment, models, coding, animation and sound effects yourself? How long would you say it took you? I noticed that you credited the music to someone else.

3. Shi-Chi

Shi-Chi

Hi~ Doug_B
    Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you like my video.
    In addition to the theme song and localization, the rest of the game was made by me alone. But I did buy some assets in the Asset Store, such as plants, wine barrels, and wooden boxes. The entire game probably took me two years to produce, including planning, level design, environment design, programming and so on.
    Hope like my game and introduce it to your friends.
    Thank you~

Doug_B likes this.
  4. Neo_Picard

Neo_Picard

I’m so glad to have found this site. I’ve been binge-playing Alleys for awhile now on iOS iPad Pro 2018, but I’m stuck. I just entered the building right near the Main Entrance of the game - it’s the one that requires a Special Key and 50 check-ins!!!
    I’m currently on the 3rd floor, but I can’t enter either door. I’ve tried every card on each of the two doors, but none work - so I’m now locked in this Escape Room building, I’ve found every Clue (thanks to the Tip button), but I can’t go any further.
    I’ve watched ever YouTube walk through video and any Alleys Walkthrough sites that I could find, but apparently nobody ever makes it this far.
    I really like the game, and I’d love to finish it. Can anybody help?
    Much thanks.