Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug All variables in the inspector got lost or reset to their original value.

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by no00ob, Aug 29, 2019.

1. no00ob

no00ob

I upgraded from Unity 2019.2 to test the new terrain holes. Everything worked well except all of my inspector exposed variables (Including asset store assets) got reset to their original value or none if they don't have a original value. This is a huge problem for me as I have so many variables that it'll take me ages to update all of them by hand, I have a backup and all so nothing got lost I'm just annoyed that I can't test the new features...

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Does this problem occur every time when you upgrade your Unity 2019.2 project to 2019.3? If it can be reproduced, I imagine Unity Technologies would be interested in a bug-report with the project attached.

3. no00ob

no00ob

I haven't tried yet I left a backup downloading and will be testing it later today (With other projects aswell), if I can reproduce it I think I will send a bug report or something to them.

Peter77 likes this.
  4. julian-moschuering

julian-moschuering

Try deleting the Library folder before starting 2019.3 the first time.

no00ob likes this.
  5. iamarugin

iamarugin

Same problem here. The strange thing is that there are no changes in version control system. Deleted Library folder before upgrade.

6. no00ob

no00ob

I can't believe this! The backup loaded with the same problem when I opened it in 2019.2, even though it was created before this ever occured and I just downloaded it to use it on another pc and it worked fine there why is unity suddenly wiping all of my variables? Luckily I DID download it onto that other pc now I can just transfer it from there and hope that that one still has the variables cause if it doesn't how the heck am I gonna manually set 200+ variables which half I don't remember anymore...

7. iamarugin

iamarugin

Right click => Reimport All solved this problem for me. Just five more hours of reimporing.

MrLarodos and no00ob like this.
  8. no00ob

no00ob

Didn't work for me, I think I may need to go over all of the variables and manually change them then or roll back to the version from the other pc.

9. no00ob

no00ob

The version from the other PC had my variables when I updated it from unity 2018.3 straight into 2019.3 without upgrading to 2019.2 where the one on my main pc was. (Basically I only lost one script due to having to roll back to this version so idc at this point)

10. MrLarodos

MrLarodos

Works! Thank you so much :)