Search Unity

All User Groups based in Europe!

Discussion in 'Europe User Groups' started by Aurore, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

As many of you know there are lots of Unity User Groups out there, we want to help anyone who organises a group get the word out to more Unity users.

We know there are plenty of event sites such as meetup.com where your User Group may already reside, that's why this forum is not trying to mimic those sites. This is a place to help you spread the word on Unity's site, it's a dedicated area where you can display details of your upcoming event without it being lost within the forums.

FAQ

"Why can't I post in this forum"

Only organisers of User Groups may post in this forum, this is more of an information board than a discussion area. If you have questions about the meetup then please contact the organiser through their preferred means.

"I'm an organiser of a User Group, how can I spread the word?"

We will need to verify your User Group, send me a PM with the following details;

• Your Name​
    • User Group Location​
    • Website where your User Group resides (i.e. Facebook event/group, meetup.com, eventbrite.com or website.) You must have had a meetup in the last 6 months​
    You will then be able to post within the User Group Forums.

"I would like to create a new User Group in my area, can I still post it here?"

Send me a PM with the following information;

• Your Name​
    • User Group Location​
    • Website where your User Group resides (i.e. Facebook event/group, meetup.com, eventbrite.com or website.)​
    We will then post your meetup in the forum.

"I can now post in the User Group Forum, what should I include?"

• Create a thread in the correct territory.​
    • Include the Town/City of your User Group in the thread title.​
    • Add a description, url link to the meetups site and your preferred method of contact.​

Please do not post in other User Groups threads.

This will be your User Groups thread, to update details or add any new information please create a new post within that thread, do not create a new thread for the same User Group.

You are free to include pictures, links to showcased works and presentations from the event.

"How do I become an "Official" Unity User Group?" Or "Does this make me an "Official" User Group?"

No, User Groups are created and run by you, the community, so there are no "official" User Groups. These meetups are a great way to network and share your Unity knowledge and projects, we will never take control of any particular User Group. However, we do want to help your group grow and gain awareness, this forum area is just the first step.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.