Search Unity

All * Star Characters(36)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SexySidekicks, Jul 27, 2015.

1. redchurch

redchurch

I was having some IK problems with the left arm of characters and when I inspected the bone hierarchy it appears the bone direction is opposite of the right arm. Here is a video showing the problem;

There is probably a way to flip the direction of the bones without having to re-rig, depending on what software you used. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know as this is something that might affect the usability of the pack, which otherwise seems great!

2. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

Mixamo was bought out by Adobe some time ago and all of their products (characters and animations) were put online for free. Just go to https://www.mixamo.com/3d-animations and sign up for a free Adobe ID account to access the free downloads. They switched their product line to Adobe Fuse, which I believe is still also free to download (older version is available on Steam and the newer version is available directly from Adobe). Each version of Fuse offers additional characters that you can use all of their animations with. You can also (or at least could in the past, but I'm not sure if this is still active) upload your own characters and have them setup to use their animations if yours won't use them by default, but I believe all of their animations are compatible with Mecanim in Unity, so I suspect your All*Stars should already work with them --- but I haven't had a chance to test this out. I'm currently working on a separate large-scale project that has temporarily shelved my RPG that uses your assets, but I'm hoping to get back to it sometime after summer.

I noticed that your products are on an incredible sale for the month of July. I certainly hope this will greatly increase your sales and draw in the attention these products deserve. Hopefully this will also motivate you and enable you to release the updates you've been working on. They would be most welcome.

Also just saw your newly released 50 VR PBR Soldiers. Looks like another cool package!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Boomer_McBooms likes this.
  3. SexySidekicks

SexySidekicks

Red Church, I fully tested the IK and it works fine. Download any of my free characters and try this example https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/InverseKinematics.html

Both hands and head worked great.

I'm posted this again because apparently something odd is going on with Unity's forums.

ASCL Update...ASCL7 is coming soon...lot's of cool stuff...please be patient

4. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

Any update on the release date of the new version of ASCL? I'm still very interested in all the new options you've previously mentioned coming out in past months.

5. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

Thank you for this information!

6. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

Hey Sexy Sidekicks,

First of all, thank you so much for these AMAZING avatars!!!! We are building a virtual world, and these are exactly what we need! I have benchmarks to meet for investors, and YOU helped me meet a BIG ONE!

I have a few dumb questions for you.

1. Is there a manual for these? I cannot find one.

2. I just brought these "in world" and set size and other parameters, and and removed the weapons. Is there a way to automate this process to some degree, rather than doing it all manually - one weapon, one hair, one face at a time?

3. I cannot get the girls' hair to look like in your photos. What is the correct way to set hair?

4. How do we change skin tones? I cannot find this. It is pretty important, since we are international, and many of our members are not white.

5. My art staff would like to design and create clothes. Do you provide (or can we crate) templates and layers for clothing. I notice you have no swimming suits. Those are a big need for us, since many of our worlds have beaches.

Do you do any custom order or consulting work?

Thank you again for these wonderful assets! :)

7. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

;)

8. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

Swapping hair and clothes between avatars. Is this possible? Thank you.

Jesper-Nielsen likes this.
  9. E4V4Studios

E4V4Studios

The first one I want to know and I have another question to add

- Can you made a easier way to import your own animations? (or can anyone give me a tutorial on how to do this?

10. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

I came here to ask exactly this question:)
    This would be a great feature - I suppose it's only feasible within each group of characters, or else you would have boobs poking through armor etc.
    But it would be really nice to have a female version for each of the male clothing/armor types also. The females are really hot but I would prefer to let them face dragons in something else than a bikini...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    TonanBora likes this.
  11. TonanBora

TonanBora

Not sure this asset is still being developed.
    The developer has not been seen since July 16th, 2016.

Anyone know if he/she is still alive?

12. hopeful

hopeful

Send an inquiry to their support address.

TonanBora likes this.
  13. TonanBora

TonanBora

Yup he is indeed alive, just immensely busy with life, and other projects.

14. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I realize he is very busy and it probably isn't profitable for him to return to this asset but I'd still love to see female peasants added.

TonanBora likes this.
  15. saltysquid

saltysquid

SexySidekicks - In a previous post you mentioned "I have Vamps, Orcs, Kobolds, Reptilians and demons for new chars 2016, They have been on my list for a while....basic model work and concepts are done....need to normal and paint now"

Did this ever reach the UAS? I love your models and orcs, kobolds, etc is exactly what I need. There seems to be a lack of good assets in this department in the store.

16. castana1962

castana1962

Hi I am interested in buying your
    Male Pilot Guard model. Is it Unity 5.6 compatible?
    Thanks
    Alejandro

17. stlouis4d

stlouis4d

Welcome back, @SexySidekicks !

I'm excited to see that an update was just released for the All*Star Character Collection. Any upcoming updates to add corresponding females to the previous update of fantasy civilian male characters or any of the other options (villains, non-humans, HD, mobile, facial animations, etc.) previously mentioned in this forum thread (a year or so ago)? This is a great product that I'd really like to have released with those aforementioned updates, as it's still one of my all-time favorites on the Unity Asset Store.

Boomer_McBooms and StevenPicard like this.
  18. harko12

harko12

Any chance of getting 'all in one' prefabs of the different models? Like one amazon model with all of the accessories, one barbarian model, etc. I've written some customization stuff to switch out what accessories and matierials are shown, but it depends on there being just one model with all the stuff. I could change it to swap whole prefabs too, I guess, but I was hoping to avoid it.

19. JDrem1

JDrem1

Can anyone help please guys.

I own Beauty and the Brutes, and have the same question as @Vontarga
    I saw his question but no answers.

When bringing an avatar in is there a way to just bring the one weapon set, one hair etc.

The only way I can find to get rid of all the surplus stuff is to hide the meshes.(Im new to Unity.) but this is the only way I have found without breaking the prefab.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks.

20. harko12

harko12

@Dayn1 What you did is the only way I know to do it. Just hiding the meshes by setting the enabled false shouldn't break the prefab. Actually deleting them will. You might want to just make a new prefab anyway, and set it up the way you want it.

21. JDrem1

JDrem1

@harko12

Thank you very much for the help, and the information.
    That's a great idea. I will do each one, its a bit of a pain, but as you say I can just pop them as a new prefab once done.

Quick question, did anyone ever get an answer to how easy it is to other animations, like some of the mo-cap packages there are with these characters. Again forgive if this is a really noobish question.. lol I am a noob after all. ;)

Again thank you for the help.

22. harko12

harko12

I have used other humanoid animations with them, no problems so far

23. JDrem1

JDrem1

Thank you again.
    Really appreciate the help. :)

24. JDrem1

JDrem1

Advice needed please.

I have Beauty and the Brutes (Character Edition) Sorry there isn't a forum for that pack. But its the same dev.

Can anyone tell me how to import them into blender please. If it is possible. I want to see if I can alter the armour, add, change, etc.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

25. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Regarding the Beauty and Brutes pack, does it have new animations? If so, how many? I'm thinking of picking it up just for the animations.

26. castana1962

castana1962

Hi
    I own the Male Pilot Guard model and I imported it into Unity 5.5 and I got the following 4 errors

1-Assets/AllStarCharacterLibrary/Mechanim/FutureForces/f04/TestingF04.cs(18,36): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Component.animation' is obsolete: `Property animation has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Animation>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)

2- Assets/AllStarCharacterLibrary/Mechanim/FutureForces/f04/TestingF04.cs(18,36): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type `UnityEngine.Component' to `UnityEngine.Animation'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)

3-Assets/AllStarCharacterLibrary/Mechanim/FutureForces/f04/TestingF04.cs(38,9): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Component.animation' is obsolete: `Property animation has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Animation>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)'

4-Assets/AllStarCharacterLibrary/Mechanim/FutureForces/f04/TestingF04.cs(38,19): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Component' does not contain a definition for `CrossFade' and no extension method `CrossFade' of type `UnityEngine.Component' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Or since I am interested in importing the 3D model only and not its animation, is there any way to do it?
    Could you help me to fix them?
    Thanks a lot
    Alejandro

27. harko12

harko12

I think you're running into the fact that Unity has done away with some of it's functions, and the test script (TestingF04.cs) has not yet been updated. You would have to re-write the animation code on lines 18 and 36 of that file to match how Unity now expects them to be. Or you can just delete that file, if you don't need to run the testing scene. That file isn't vital to the character model, it just comes along for the ride when you import the package.

28. NaRaJa

NaRaJa

Hi sexysidekicks

is it possible to add to this package a base male & female nacked and rigged for create own animation?

thanks in advance

best reguards

Cube

29. JDrem1

JDrem1

Does anyone have any idea how I open these FBX formated models in Blender, and then see the models. Because try as I have, the model just does not appear in Blender.
    OK, admittedly I'm no Blender expert. But the file acts like its opening.
    Any help appreciated.

And on a final thought, does this dev ever respond to anyone on this forum?

Thanks again guys.

30. hopeful

hopeful

I would advise trying his support email.

31. NaRaJa

NaRaJa

i try by mail but nothing

32. hopeful

hopeful

Sorry, that was your best bet. The dev hasn't been active on this forum for quite a while.

33. NaRaJa

NaRaJa

you have to import it not open

check on blender if the fbx plugin is active

34. Sh3d_Design

Sh3d_Design

I just bought the Allstar collection. It is a really good value and avatars are not too bad looking considering the small texture maps. Has anyone noticed that only 6 materials have normals? Seems only the Amazon set has normals. Would be nice if the others would, and given that there are a lot of metal weapons, a metallic map would be nice.

35. brian1gramm1

brian1gramm1

I'll really like to know how to make my own animations and which version of blender does it require. I have 2.62 and 2.79 and nether works.

36. brian1gramm1

brian1gramm1

I get the warning " version 6100 not supported, must be 7100 or later" I'm using Blender 2.79 and 2.62 and neither work. I really need some new anims as the maiden pack only has non-maiden activity typed anims. I"ve also tried just making new ones in Unity, but as soon as I hit the record button the mesh deforms into a embryo pose and I have to set it all back to zero.

37. JDrem1

JDrem1

I'm really sorry I had meant to reply to this post ages ago.

I have exactly the same issue. (FBX 6100 not opening in Blender.)
    But here are the two important points to all this IMHO.

1. I use Blender because its free.
    I could not afford to pay a monthly subscription for Max, or Zbrush, etc, even if I wanted to, even if it / they were cheaper..
    And seeing as all the options and goodies Blender offers anyway. I very much doubt I would swap to Max even if I could afford it the sub..
    And would only give it / them a go, if they also were FOC..

2. And this is the really odd thing that I cannot work out.

I own "Beauty and the Brute, which on the store page states was "originally released: 6 July 2017"

However (and the reason for your and this post.) Beauty and the Brute uses FBX version 6100 which was being used (from what I can tell) in / around 2013/14 and was out of date by 2015 (or earlier)
    So how and why did Allstars create a 2017 asset in an FBX version that was out of date by 2015, is anyone guess?

I have no idea what the new plug-in "Knights, Maidens and Magic" is created using. But if also 6100 then it really is strange.
    I am really mystified as to why this plug-in has been created like this.

Oh and I did extensive searches trying to figure a converter. But I couldn't find a way. and "Autodesk 2013. (The only one that seems to work) -that I downloaded didnt solve it either..

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But this was the total info, and experience I had.

The models are great, but (IMHO) would really benefit from -specifically- "facial animations ability." Eyes tongue.
    As well as breast / hair / /cloth rigging / sim. And I wanted to play with all of this in Blender.

Please let me know if you find a way. :)

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    JBR-games likes this.
  38. markcrowe

markcrowe

To import the FBXs into blender first youhave to run them through autodesk's FBX Converter like so...
    upload_2018-3-20_12-28-56.png

converter download link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=22694909

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    JDrem1, chelnok and hopeful like this.
  39. markcrowe

markcrowe

JDrem1 and hopeful like this.
  40. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Any chance of an update for Unity 2018? Due to the changes in Substance support, this asset's script don't compile anymore.

41. radiantboy

radiantboy

This is on insane deal right now! Only 30 euros, just picked it up!!! Wooooottt

42. JDrem1

JDrem1

Sorry to disappoint.
    But the "$35 this month only sale, normally $150." That shows on all of the larger "Allstar" packs. Has been on for as long as I have been using Unity which is about a year.

Then there are a few smaller packs that are more expensive, so it looks like the "big packs" are only that price for a very short time.
    If they are 35 bucks it should just say that price. Because like you, last year I saved up and bought a pack thinking it was "this month only" and I'm broke.
    But I raided my meagre finances, and bought it because I thought I was going to miss a special month long sale.

Twelve months later same wording / same price, and I have checked (just to see) many times, on all of the $35 packs.

No hate, just reality.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    JBR-games likes this.
  43. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I see there's some huge PSD files at the AllStarCharacterLibrary root folder, namely 3 Photoshop PSDs that I think aren't used by any of the materials, and just there as source files. I am not 100% sure though, can they safely be removed from the project?

Also, in the Materials folders there's many in TGA format eating up 12-32Mb each, all of this easily making up 1Gb in space. Any particular reason for this? As far as I know the same file in PNG is lossless and 5 times smaller...

Finally, while I think this pack is great value and is going to help me a lot during production and testing, can anyone recommend me a higher quality alternative for an avatar system?

JBR-games and SickaGames1 like this.
  44. hopeful

hopeful

Quality is subjective. I'd recommend you check out UMA as an option. It's a framework in which you can use pretty much any character art you want, and it comes with decent default art.

DavidBVal likes this.
  45. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Fair enough; what I mean is more consistency and versatility; in this pack some models are more detailed than others, for instance, and indeed UMA seems to be what I'm looking for regarding adding new models, clothing, etc. Thanks for the tip.

46. Ziplock9000

Ziplock9000

What is the recommended way to design and add new clothes & armour to these models. Just inserting them into the tree structure does not work as they become intersected with certain poses unlike weapons.
    Just replacing textures won't be enough as the shapes of various armours will be different.
    Thanks.

47. Hummy91

Hummy91

Hello, I'm interested in this character pack but it's unclear if these are served as fixed individual characters, or if there is a base body with which we can swap out all of the various outfits? Can anyone provide some information on this please

48. hopeful

hopeful

The general approach with this creator is to provide a small number of body models with a variety of meshes (hair and weapons) attached that you turn on and off. Be sure to look in the package content preview for the asset in the store. While I find the preview function is often broken in the store, in this particular case it shows exactly what you're getting.